Background and Context
Aloi Private Limited is a technology company that builds software for microfinance. For more information, please visit www.aloi.global. We are seeking an Outreach Associate for Agriculture Value Chains in Nepal.
Scope of Work
The main objective of this assignment is to research and interview stakeholders along specific agriculture value chains in Nepal. It requires researching on the current status and future potential of different agricultural commodities. You will help identify specific bottlenecks and opportunities in their respective value chains that can be beneficial to our company. You will need to be proactive at reaching out to new companies, researchers, experts, and other stakeholders digitally, in person, and via phone calls.
The consultant is expected to undertake the following:
- Value chain mapping that depicts the chain actors and their functions
- Identify and examine constraints and opportunities within selected value chains
- Identify institutions and organizations working for selected value chains
- Conduct interviews and compile reports on opportunities in specific value chains
- The outcome will be a detailed analysis of selected value chains with value chain mapping of actors. In addition, an in-depth understanding of potential agribusiness interested in collaborating with Aloi.
- A university degree in agriculture, agricultural development, development, or other related subject areas
- Excellent communication skills, especially for cold calls and reaching out to new interviewees.
- Good understanding of agricultural and rural development from both a development cooperation and private sector perspective
- Good understanding of agribusinesses and agricultural value chain trends and direction, including major areas of interest and intervention, as well as interactions with the private sector
- At least 1 years’ relevant experience working in the area of agribusiness and agricultural value chain development
- Fluency in Nepali and English, with excellent written and oral communication skills