Job Location: Sindhupalchowk, Nepal
No of Requirements: 1
- To provide technical support in the implementation of WASH at the District level, including developing the Technical Capacity of local NGO Partner to meet the standards and specification of World Vision International Nepal.
- Oversight and Management of WASH Program activities in the District Level.
- Ensure the NGO partners and Community are supported to understand and implement WASH related activities at the District Level and oversee mitigation of implementation issues.
- Undertake extensive field visit and support the implementing partners to complete WASH activities
- Participate in an external relationship at the district level.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering/ Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering or related subject from recognized Institute & registered on Nepal engineering council
- Should be able to develop Bills of Quantities (BOQ) and tender documents (if needed)
- Should have previous experience of using AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Microsoft (Spread Sheet)
- Develop clear infrastructure monitoring tools (checklist) and validate the accuracy of data, quality of WASH infrastructure intervention.
- Monitor expenditure, budget, and track activity expenses; ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in an Infrastructure or drinking water supply projects (Tender procedure, Design, Planning, Implementation, Budgeting, Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation.)
- Must be experienced in managing Infrastructure Work and in coordinating activities with Partners and facilitate Capacity building of Partner Staff
- Must be willing to travel in field level project activities and construction supervision up to 80% of the time
Core competencies for the position:
- Excellent oral and written English & Nepali
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office
- Ready to take initiatives and willing to work under pressure and exhibit a high level of flexibility
- Hold a high level of integrity and honesty, self-motivated, confident, and able to work independently
- Strategic, creative, collaborative and innovative thinking with decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of humanitarian Sector
- Committed to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a statement of purpose’ on 24 September 2017 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below.
World Vision International Nepal
People and Culture Department
Refer to website: http://wvi.org/about-world-vision
Due to the urgency of the position, priority will be given to early applicants