TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: National TB Centre
CONTRAC LENGTH: March 2018
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Prevalence Survey Secretary is one of the team members of the PS Secretariat. He/she will support the PS team in day to day activities by doing clerical, logistical and other aspects as necessary.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Perform routine secretarial duties including typing, filing, and printing of documents and maintaining communication files.
- Provide support on logistic management of PS and maintain records
- Design sample for certificates and banners and prepare reports of such events.
- Coordinate with the external participants of the regional/ global workshops/ seminars/ training including providing of PDI (Pre-Departure Information) via email, preparing and sending invitations to participants as booking hotel and venue and ensure confirmation of air tickets.
- Coordinate with procurement team of NTC to procure required stationery and other necessary equipment for PS.
- Report the stock of the equipment related to PS procured under Global Fund budget to the Save the Children.
- Negotiate the hotel rates as per requirements, collect and compile hotel bills of various residential and non-residential workshops/ meeting/ trainings and forward it to the finance team for payment.
- Coordinate payment of Per Diems and other incidental expenses to the participants as required.
- Use a variety of software packages to produce correspondence and documents, and maintain presentation.
- Manage vehicle and transportation for Prevalence survey, hire vehicle as per need.
- Translate Nepali to English and vice versa
- Assist the line manager in uploading minutes and other documents in intranet and scan official documents of various departments.
- Do the general correspondence for all departments including issue of Memos as per advice.
- Record discussion and minutes of different committees of PS
- Perform other duties as requested by the Principle Investigator ( PI), Survey Coordinator, PS Specialist and other members of the PSS
- Support to PI, Survey Coordinator and PS specialist to produce report of the prevalence survey.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline preferably in Management (Commerce, Business Studies/Administration)
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Secretary or other relevant positions preferably at I/NGOs
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint, MS- office, email/internet, tally, tabucs)
- Excellent communication skills ( spoken and written skill in English and Nepali language)
- Excellent translating skills ( both Nepali- English and vice versa)
- Excellent skills in photocopy, filing, printing, binding, scanning
- Excellent skills in minute taking and sharing with participants and concerned.
- Excellent skills in issuing Memos of various departments of NTC
- Report writing skills
- Ability to travel in the field
*GSI group include Female, Dalit Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities