Department: BBC Media Action
Reports To: Senior Project Manager
Based: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: Till 30th November 2019 with possibility of extension subject to funding
Reporting to Senior Project Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for strategizing, implementation, partnership development and management, monitoring, evaluation, learning, knowledge management and direct day to day project management of BBC Media Action's projects. These activities include systematically tracking and monitoring project activities, co-ordinating project training workshops, maintaining and organising project documentation, helping compile project progress reports and contributing to the design and planning of new projects and new business development initiatives.
- Assist with project co-ordination, including work planning, financial management, and liaising with project donors and partners as required
- Produce regular project reporting and contribute to internal project review sessions
- Track project activities against the timelines and Regularly update project calendar and milestones
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project team and assist in the monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Plan, organise and manage training and workshops for partner station as per the project timeline
- Provide support to Project Coordinator in ensuring that the project activities adhere to BBC and BBC Media Action policies and editorial guidelines and are steered through the organisation’s central review procedures in a timely manner, ensuring all feedbacks is incorporated into final design
- Provide input into the development of the long-term vision and strategic planning of BBC Media Action’ program portfolio in Nepal
- Present the partnership work of BBC Media Action to external stakeholders and identify the range of opportunities for this
- Contribute to the design of new projects and help identify new business opportunities for BBC Media Action in Nepal. Contribute to external fund-raising proposals, donor reporting, and activities as requested
- Responsible for delivering value for money in the role through effective and efficient management of time and resources
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum University Degree in relevant field from recognised University
- Experience of successful project management, ideally in the development field including developing, delivering and monitoring project
- Sound knowledge on computer (MS Word, Excel and Power Point) with very good typing speed
- Able to find information and resources as required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali
- Effective team worker- able to manage relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team
- Strong understanding of the role of communications in development
- Understanding of the importance of BBC values, policies, procedures and guidelines, including Health & Safety guidelines
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Imagination/Creative Thinking: Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions
- Managing Relationships: Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Team working.
- Communication: The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Analytical Thinking: Able to simplify complex problems, process projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships and construct frameworks, for problem solving and/or development
- Influencing and Persuading: Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Planning and Organising: Is able to think ahead in order to establish an effective and propriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements
- Self-Development: Able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV and Covering Letter outlining your interest in the role, and demonstrating how you fulfil the essential skills and experience, by 23rd March 2019 to email@example.com (with job title in the subject line).