Project: Inspiring Youth through Active Citizenship (INSAC)
Line Manager: Country Programme Manager, Raleigh International Nepal
- Take lead and coordinate for planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH and NRM/Climate Change components of the programme.
- Take lead to innovate, develop and implement behaviour change component of WASH programme.
- Take lead to further develop and implement WASH and NRM/Climate Change strategies, provide technical backstopping and capacity building support to partners, and coach and thematically support the national and international youth volunteers assigned to WASH and NRM projects.
- Contribute to development of new proposals and relevant strategic/planning documents, linked to the assessed needs and gaps and the Raleigh International Nepal country strategy.
- Thematically responsible for both districts and managerially responsible for one district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
- Adhere to all Raleigh International Nepal strategies, policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Adherence to the Raleigh International Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
Programme Development, Planning and Implementation
- Take lead for the planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH and NRM/Climate Change component of the programme in programme districts.
- Provide conceptual guidance and technical backstopping support to the partners, private sector, local service providers and local institutions for effective service delivery of WASH and NRM/Climate Change.
- Provide coaching and thematic support to the national and international Youth volunteers assigned to WASH and NRM/Climate Change projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Project Manager-Livelihoods, Country Operations Manager (COM), Admin/Finance Manager and other relevant staff members of Raleigh International Nepal and the Focal Points (FPs) of partner organizations for ensuring programmatic synergy and timely implementation.
- Take lead in empowerment of demand side actors, in particular the right holders for enhancing the access, availability, and quality of WASH and NRM services and to hold the duty bearers on account for quality, equality, equity and transparency.
- Take lead in developing approaches for the promotion of enterprising activities in WASH and NRM/Climate Change sector and subsequently for identification of private sector partners and their roles and responsibilities.
- Organize and facilitate workshops and training for sustainable operation and maintenance of water supply schemes, promotion of household water treatment and safe storage, total sanitation and hygiene behavioural change, etc. and enterprises development in WASH and NRM.
- Facilitate and support implementation of public and/or social audit tools for ensuring transparency and accountability in WASH and NRM/Climate Change for strengthening water governance and governance in NRM sector.
- Contribute on development of new proposal, linked to the country strategy, in collaboration with other thematic managers.
Programme Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor implementation of activities related to WASH and NRM/Climate Change through regular field visits and interactions with communities, local partners, government bodies and other stakeholders.
- Organize periodical review and planning meetings with partner organizations in collaboration of CPM, COM and PM-Livelihood.
- Document and disseminate promising approaches, technologies, guidelines and learning of the programme for advocacy and policy development.
- Compile various reports (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual etc.) and other information related to WASH and NRM component.
- Support to conduct programmatic monitoring, reviews, assessments and evaluation of the WASH and NRM programme component.
- Facilitate and organize commissioned studies in collaboration of CPM and ensure high quality of such studies.
Coordination and Networking
- Maintain and establish cordial working relationship with various stakeholders from government, civil society and private sector at both local and district level.
- Identify opportunities for Raleigh International Nepal to develop new partnerships and networking with other WASH and NRM/Climate Change sector actors and donors.
- Manage the WASH programme budget and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet Raleigh International Nepal standards with regard to financial management, compliance accountability and governance.
- Monitor the partner budget and hold periodic review in coordination with Admin/Finance Manager.
Other specific responsibilities as assigned
- Professionally discharge assignments/ tasks delegated/dispensed by CPM/CD.
- Be proactive in brining innovations and to take new initiatives into the program and partners.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Post graduate degree in social sciences (water resources management, natural resources management, sociology or relevant field) or bachelor degree in civil engineering with post- graduate diploma/degree in social sciences or water resources management or natural resources management.
Experience and Competencies:
- Five years experience in WASH and/or NRM and Climate Change programme
- Excellent knowledge of and competencies in Strategic Planning and Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Experience in innovating and implementing behavior change interventions in WASH
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to work with and for youth
- Sound knowledge of poverty reduction and competencies in gender and social inclusion
- Hands on experience in coaching, counseling and mentoring
- Good understanding of computer based monitoring and information management system; proficiency in using MS office application software
- Demonstrated ability to undertake field based monitoring
- Practical experience in planning, organization, facilitation of training and workshop
- Excellent communication, coordination and networking skills
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal relations, good team-player, result oriented personality/ maintaining deadlines
- Good IT proficiency and efficiency in using communication applications
Applications for the above positions along with a CV (max 4-pages) and a motivational letter can be sent by 17 January 2016 via mail to: email@example.com