TEAM/PROGRAMME: POD Field Office
LOCATION: Rolpa /Tribeni Rural Municipality
POST TYPE: Fixed term until December 2018 with possibility of extension based in Rolpa
CHILD SAFEGUARDING Level 3- the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people for better of children, women and poor and marginalized people. S/he will be accountable on the child safeguarding policy while treating with children.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Under the overall guidance of Project Manager –SCK, and in close thematic coordination with Sr. Coordinator (Education), s/he is responsible for providing thematic leadership on SCK Integrated project Rolpa. S/he is responsible to support capacity development of partners (Partner NGO, District Education Office, Rural Municipality Office, SMC, teachers and local stakeholders) through various approaches including coaching and on the job capacity building. In close consultation and guidance from the senior team members from MFWFO and CO, s/he will assist the partner in project planning, monitoring, reporting and ensuring minimum standard of the intervention by best utilizing the available resources to attain project goal adhering to Save the Children’s global strategy. S/he is also responsible for ensuring timely, efficient and quality delivery SCK Integrated project as planned and will be responsible for maintaining compliances as per donor requirement.
S/he will support Save the Children’s mandate of full spectrum as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project Planning and budgeting
- Lead the planning, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting of education component of SCK Integrated project in accordance with the guidelines, framework, and proposal
- Provide guidance to partner organizations in designing and delivering cost effective and result oriented project in collaboration with the Government line agencies for immediate and long lasting changes in the lives of children.
- Review and ensure that the plans/proposals and budget submitted by partner organisations are in line with project objectives, SC’s Theory of Change and Country Strategic Plan and align with the Government’s national and local priority plan & policies.
- Ensure the detailed implementation plan (DIP) and budget breakdown, are linked clearly and correctly with the project goal, objectives, indicators and targets in close coordination with partners’, Field Office, and CO team members
- Share the plan with the concerned local and district stakeholders and address their inputs and feedback to the extent possible
- Support partner to implement the plan & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide technical support
- Ensure the activities implement as per goals, objectives and results and in line with the QBM
- Support partner team to ensure that minimum standard of the project are met and followed up the alert points raised by MEAL report
- Technically support partners in education related activities and ensure the interventions carried as per quality bench mark, detail implementation plan and project document.
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure proper M&E activities for ensuring project activities are in line with donors planning and reporting requirements
- Ensure that monitoring process is in built with the project implementation process with appropriate tools/checklists and conduct intensive monitoring of the projects/programs on regular basis and provide feedback for quality implementation
- Ensure all key indicators for education programming are well reflected in the database system and that data are compiled, analyzed, validated, verified and used at beneficiary, partners and regional level.
- With support from Senior MEAL Coordinator in the region and Sr. M&E Coordinator, Project Manager, and Education team in Kathmandu, conduct of surveys and assessment as required to report against annual result/process indicators.
- With support from team take lead in collecting the education beneficiary reach (total reach) estimation as per project requirements, update OPMIS data every month as monthly progress
- Lead education theme of the project for regular review of program / project plans and reports from PNGOs to ensure they address the results framework and explain how and why these results were planned/achieved.
- Produce high quality report as per prescribed SCK format and ensure that all required details are well explained in the report and financial and narrative part of the reports match
- Support project for documentation of education case studies, innovations and lessons learnt and dissemination and archiving for the organization’s record
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking in the field:
- Enhance/strengthen coordination and collaboration with district, rural municipal and other stakeholders for amplifying results in education.
- Enhance linkages/networking with local, district, and provincial line agencies for policy advocacy and effective implementation of education programs.
- Maintain productive and consistent communication with team to keep them fully updated on progress.
- Coordinate with other themes at district and regional levels, especially with child protection, CRG, and livelihood and identify the areas to work collaboratively/synergy
- Work in a team spirit in a coordinated way if other SC interventions also exist in the district and officials assigned
- Represent SC education program at rural municipal level, district , provincial and national level as and when required
- Work as project focal person of education theme and when necessary assume a dual function to respond to any emergencies.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOR (our Values in Practice)
- Managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Ensure partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for myself and subordinate to take responsibility for own personal development and encourages to do the same
- Shares my personal vision for Save the Children.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, partners and district line agencies and supporters
- Values diversity
- Good listener, communicative, supportive and respective
- Develops and encourages new and innovative ways with partners and subordinate
- Willingness to learn innovative idea from others and implement
- Honest, enthusiastic, openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Education or relevant field from reputed university
- At least 3 years working experience in education related projects /program
- Demonstrated experience managing a technical team and overseeing partnership agreements.
- Prior experience in working with INGO, civil society, and government counterparts.
- Proven sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and be innovative, set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Good computer skills, good written and verbal communication in English and Nepali
- Priority will be given for applicants from the project district, marginalised community, and female.
- Reliable, trust worthy and committed
- Basic skill on project management, partnership and team work
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Nepali
- Coordination and interpersonal skills with local NGOs and district’s stakeholders specially government
- Ability to effectively present information (orally and for publication) to government officials.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel, Power Points and other standard software
- Organizational, interpersonal /cross- cultural communication, and time management skills while working in a the district and communities,
- Good networking and communication abilities