TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operations and Delivery (POD)
LOCATION: Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed-term until December 2019 with possible extension
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 30 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Rights and Governance and Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian.
The Project Coordinator - CRG & CP is responsible for timely and quality implementation of projects/national level interventions under Child Protection (CP) and Child Rights Governance (CRG) under various Grants. S/He will require to provide required technical and management support to the implementing partners, field based project team including civil society networks for implementation of high quality of CP/CRG interventions both in field and national level in close coordination and consultation with the Program Manager - CRG & CP. The Project Coordinator is responsible for planning & budgeting, reporting and meeting the required donor compliances of the assigned projects i.e. protection and promotion of rights of LGBTI children (LGBTI) and comprehensive programming to address and respond to Gender Based Violence (GBV) including national level CP/CRG interventions with civil society networks and government line agencies under other grants.
In addition, s/he will be responsible for timely and quality planning and implementation of self-implementation activities under CP/CRG at national level under various projects i.e rights of LGBTI children, GBV, Sahayatra II and SC Italy integrated II, in close coordination with the Program Manager and Advisor - CRG & CP and other concerned departments i.e. Grant, Finance, Award, Media & Communication, Advocacy.In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, s/he will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Project Planning and Budgeting
- Provide guidance and support to implementing partners, field based project team in planning, budgeting of projects i.e. Protection and Promotion of LGBTI children (LGBTI Children), Comprehensive programming to prevent and respond GBV (GBV) and National level interventions under different grants mainly Sahayatra II and SC Italy Integrated II accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategic plan.
- Support to partner organizations and field-based team in developing cost effective and result oriented plans in collaboration/consultation with the federal and local governments for immediate and long-lasting changes in the lives of children and targeted communities.
- Support the partners NGO and civil society networks at national level to develop plan and budget along with Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget.
- Support the partners, field colleagues and civil society networks at National level to implement plan & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget and provide support for recovery plan if required to achieve the stipulated results.
- Conduct financial monitoring of the partner organisation and provide feedback if required for improvement.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct regular and periodic progress review and planning meeting i.e at least in quarterly basis with concerned partners and national level civil society networks to review the progress, challenges and prioritize plan for next quarter
- Conduct project visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including interaction with beneficiaries to learn about program effectiveness and needs of the beneficiaries.
- Participate in various national level program organized by civil society networks in partnership with SC and Provide required support as well as feedback based on the quality of program, participation of concerned stakeholders etc.
- Support the PNGO to carry out Baseline and End Line evaluation.
- Provide technical support in collecting quality data in collaboration with MEAL team and analysis against the performance indicators and targets on periodic basis.
- Support partners in collection of Total Reach and its reporting.
- Assist partners to make necessary changes or revised the plans and budget if required.
Project Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure that partners conduct analytical discussion on project reports before submitting to SC.
- Jointly work with PNGO to draft high quality reports and their timely submission.
- Assist line manager to prepare and submit periodic reports on time especially providing project data.
- Document key learning from information produced through implementation, monitoring, evaluations and accountability mechanisms.
- Document case studies, best practices, news cuttings, process, visual documentation and other as per project requirement.
- Support partners to document innovative approaches, best practices, and lesson learned, etc.
- Support partner and project team to develop forms and formats for reporting purpose and orient them to meet the donor requirement in the reporting.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Establish strong institutional relationship with relevant government agencies both at local and national level for SC’s visibility and sustainability of the project interventions.
- Maintain close coordination with other departments in both CO and FOs.
- Represent Save the Children and its values at the local, district and national level as required.
- Work as and when required fulfilling Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children.
- Work as per need based on the line manager’s and the team’s requirement to fulfil other functions of the project and themes.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Masters’ degree in Law, Sociology, Development studies or related discipline(s)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years in the relevant field
- Sound working experience with government line agencies both at national and local level government including national level civil society networks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse group of people.