The position will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and reporting of the of the Strengthening Community Resilience to Disaster through School Safety Initiative Project and the DRM components ensuring the quality and timely delivery of the project activities maintaining highest technical quality according to the objectives and approach in the project document, fund agreement document and to the satisfaction of project stakeholders. S/he will provide guidance and technical, administrative and management support for the project to Plan’s Field Office, implementing partners and community organizations on project related activities in the districts.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment till 30 June 2021 based in Itahari Field Office.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in Disaster Risk Management/Risk Reduction, Environmental Management or any relevant subject
- At least 4 years of experience in Project Management in the area of Disaster Risk Management and/or Education sector
- Experience of working with children, youth, Schools, SMC/PTA, DMCs, CBOs, NGOs and GOs
- Experience of work with UN/I/NGO in similar capacity is preferred
- Proven experience in program development, management, including scheduling, budget development and budget management
- Understanding of Nepal’s national disaster management structure, systems, plans and priorities including sectoral emergency preparedness and response mechanisms
- Project Management: planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Ability to influence on policy positioning and advocacy
- Critical thinking, analysis & reasoning
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in English and Nepali Language
- Training, Facilitation, negotiation, and networking
- Prepare Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and Project Outlines (POs) and provide technical backstopping to project implementing partner(s) in line with approved DIP and POs
- Coordinate with finance team to prepare rolling budget/FAB as per actual expenditure and adjust activities in coordination with NGO partner and concerned staff
- Periodically review the monthly/annual/quarterly project plans and budgets and purpose for revision as and when required for effective project implementation
- Coordinate with team members and partners to timely execute approved project activities meeting budget spending and liquidation targets
- Effectively manage daily project, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting (Pipeline Review, Detailed Implementation Plan). Conduct routine project needs assessments and project reviews to ensure successful implementation
- Establish and manage partnerships including ensuring efficient utilization and timely accountability of funds and other resources allocated to implementing partners
- Provide direct technical support and capacity building of partner’s staff in program design, training development, program implementation, and developing strategic directions
- Collaborate and coordinate with existing district and local level government structures and local authorities including but not restricted to Rural/Municipalities, DCC, DDMC, LDCRC.
- Represent Plan International Nepal on Child Centered Disaster Risk Management and Education issues at provincial and local level (key events), in relevant professional networks, alliances and sectoral clusters and use these platforms to improve Plan’s relevance, to influence externally, and to build Plan’s professional profile.
- Prepare and submit quality periodic project progress reports as per donor requirements and project document