The Program Coordinator - Research is responsible for providing strategic, technical and leadership role for relief to resilience project at Bardiya and Surkhet district of Mid-Western Region. The position holder will work in collaboration with Regional Health Directorate (RHD), D/PHO and Health Facilities (HFs) for effective planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities. S/he will also support government health system in strengthening newborn and child health program in humanitarian setting related project NPL Relief to Resilience - Health Component as well as will be responsible to understand the concept and design of the project and provide technical support to Research Officers involved in the project. In addition, s/he will work as a budget tracker of the project and manages logistics, and finance under the project.
Term and Location: Fixed term position till June 2016 based in Bardiya or Surkhet under Mid & Far Western Regional Office (M&FWRO)
Required Qualification: At least Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) or equivalent in Public Health with minimum 3 years of experience in designing and managing research in similar fields
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ensure timely planning, implementation, regular monitoring,evaluation and documentation/reporting of the Relief to Resilience project in Bardiya and Surkhet.
- Manage day-to-day operations and management of each activities of the project components - ensuring coordination between the team members in different components - to ensure that all components are in tandem
- Manage the project (interventions, human resources and budget) in line with the approved project documents with close support from Regional Program Manager, FWRO, M&E Coordinator (CO), Programme Manager - Health & Nutrition (CO) and ensure quality results
- Monitor the financial expenditure regularly and ensure adequate burn rate of the project funds with support from finance department and prepare & share monthly project tracking report, quarterly financial report, semi-annual and annual donor report.
- Liaise with government counter parts like RHD, D/PHO and HFs and ensure the good and functional coordination & collaboration with D/PHOs and other stakeholders to create enabling environment
- Proactively identify other actors working on to improve new-born and child health situation and develop collaboration with them (particularly with other agencies executing related projects) to create synergies and deliver better results
- Support H& N team in development necessary tools for Operational Research and regular monitoring
- Supervise the project staffs, manage their performance and provide timely feedback if necessary.
- Research related responsibilities Data Analysis
- Supervise and monitor both the accuracy, validity and integrity of, and the analysis of data from the field
- Work with M&E Coordinator-H&N CO to analyze and interpret data and information generated by the project
- Perform statistical analysis where required to produce objective information and evidence
- Regular self-update on operational research (including participatory) principles, methods and processes (technical and theoretical) to conduct systematic and objective inquiry
- Support programme field staff on ensuring data quality
- Support to keep regular track for each of the Indicators in Strategic Plan and Global Indicators including Total Reach
Manage Operational Research Study
- Understand objectives, methods, and quality control measures for this operational research project
- Supervise, monitor and track data and evidence related to this project
- Support consultants working in the field for this project
Generate and Communicate Lessons
- Work to generate learning by analyzing data generated by this operational research, documenting good practices, analytical reports
- Work collaboratively to ensure lessons from research studies, operational research
- Organize workshop/seminar/meetings to share/disseminate/advocate learning with district level government counterparts and stake holders
- Coordinate with Communication Department of Save the Children for successfully and effectively sharing lessons at different levels
Ensure Data Quality with OPMIS
- Ensure by coordinating with technical personnel of OPMIS for ensuring that relevant and quality data and information is managed by OPMIS
- Ensure by coordinating Program Staff that the required need for data and information by programmatic professionals is effectively fulfilled by OPMIS
- Ensure that MEAL is effectively linked up with OPMIS and reports, documents, and data from MEAL is managed for easy access and recovery
- Provide technical support for field level activities - observation, finding gaps and feedback (reflection) and facilitate technical support for government counterparts and research officers
- Provide technical support and ensure the essential logistics supply at health facility and community level
Program Quality Assurance
- Help evaluation by providing inputs on the TOR for project evaluation, and review evaluation reports and share lessons and recommendations in new and existing project designs
- Information sharing among partners and SC staff, usage of information, identifies best practice and share among CO team (knowledge transfer and dissemination).
- Enhance internal communication, communication of all relevant messages for action regarding the project.
Strategy and Annual Planning
- Work with CO Program team to provide inputs from the project to prepare quarterly and yearly plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and skills in designing and conducting operational research and developing project/program package
- Ability to analyze and adopt innovations in the project/program as per the need
- Experience in project/program monitoring and evaluation
- Proven experience in writing program proposals and reports that document program directions and results
- Sound computer skills on Microsoft Office package and data processing tools like SPSS and STATA
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills to represent organization in various forums and work with local NGOs and stakeholders specially government for advocacy and lobbying the issues
- Strong written and spoken skills in English language
- Higher degree of taking initiatives and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, able to work in short deadlines with intense pressure
Applications received through online job application procedure of Merojob will only be taken into consideration and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Female and disadvantaged community candidates from the local level are highly encouraged to apply.