SSBH is recruiting new team members to plan, manage and deliver technical and material support for the Government of Nepal’s (GoN) response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
No of positions:
- Full time - Nursing Officer: 15 Positions (1 year )
- Consultant - Nursing Officer: 25 Positions (2-4 Month Consultancy Position)
Supervisor: Technical Specialist - Nursing
Locations: Lumbini Provincial Hospital, Butwal (5), Banke Hospital, Nepalgunj (5), Surkhet Provincial Hospital, Birendranagar (5) for staff positions. Consultant positions will be deployed to any hospitals of Lumbini and Karnali Provinces within SSBH districts based on the needs.
Under the supervision of the Technical Specialist - Nursing and Nursing in-charge of designated hospital, the Nursing Officers will carry out triaging, patient care, case management and treatment follow-up services for COVID-19 patients in designated COVID-19 ward of the hospital. They will also ensure patient safety, infection prevention practices, proper waste management, and support in vaccination program. They will also provide technical and programmatic support to hospital team for the planning, timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of COVID-19 response activities.
This position is for a one-year period, and is contingent upon availability of funding, approval from the funding agency and concurrence from GoN counterparts. Job descriptions, locations and scope of responsibilities may be subject to revision as priority support needs evolve during implementation of this support. The applicant should be willing to be re-located to any other hospitals in Lumbini and Karnali Province based on the need and COVID-19 situation.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with designated COVID-19 Hospitals, COVID-19 clinics, and vaccination sites to ensure proper and regular services are being delivered to COVID-19 (suspected and confirmed) as well as non-COVID-19 patients.
- Work closely with hospital team and Technical Specialist-Nursing to train other nurses and health workers to improve COVID-19 case management and COVID-19 vaccine administration, and adverse effects following immunization investigation and management with guidance from SSBH’s Technical Specialist- Nursing and nursing in-charge of designated hospital.
- Provide technical support to COVID-19 response team members and COVID-19 vaccination committees at designated hospital in implementation modality and approaches for COVID-19 case management, quality of care, referral, COVID-19 vaccination, and adverse effects following immunization (AEFI) management.
- Conduct situation assessments, documentation, and timely dissemination of COVID-19 disease and vaccine situation and services delivered by the hospital.
- Provide technical assistance to hospital in implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities related to COVID-19 and vaccine planning and rolling out of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Ensure infection prevention and control (IPC) guidelines are followed at COVID-19 ward and other departments within the designated hospitals
- Support in vaccination microplanning, monitoring of vaccination campaigns and reporting to the Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) at Karnali Province, Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) at Lumbini Province and the provincial Health Directorates with the guidance of Emergency Medical Response Specialist (EMRS) and Technical Specialist - Nursing.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other nurses and health care workers for case management, vaccination, storage, temperature maintenance, and administration of the vaccine.
- Represent project team in selected technical forums at hospital and district level as assigned
- Represent project team in selected technical forums and meeting with government officials at health offices, provincial hospitals and district hospitals as assigned
- Collaborate and communicate with Medical Superintendent, Matrons, Hospital Administrators, SSBH Provincial Specialists and Senior Technical Advisor for planning and delivery of nursing services in designated hospitals and sites
- Collaborate and work with other hospitals and health facilities, health offices, development partners for smooth operations of the COVID-19 related activities.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSc Nursing or BN) with Nepal Nursing Council registration
- Minimum four years of clinical experience in a hospital setting. Experience and training on intensive care preferred
- Experience in designing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating health programs
- Knowledge of COVID-19 situation, guidelines, protocols, and response systems/mechanisms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of virtual meeting tools
- Excellent written/oral skills in Nepali and English
- For consultancy position relevant experience is waived by 2 years for candidates from SSBH working area.
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.