- Using extensive medical training and knowledge of occupational medicine and safety, company nurses interpret and document a worker’s medical complaints using medical histories and diagnostic tests.
- Manage basic health conditions among employees and provide personalized health education and health-related skills training under the supervision of Dr. Melinda Gill
- While complying with laws and regulations, company nurses investigate and analyze injury trends, research possible occupational hazards, and collaborate with safety teams and managers.
- Additional job duties can include maintaining detailed medical records, maintaining clinic inventory, monitoring pregnant employees, creating emergency workplace preparedness plans, and monitoring workplace hygiene and cleanliness.
- Undertake other patient management activities as instructed by HR or Dr Melinda Gill.
Employee education and support
- Facilitate Veritacore health and wellbeing and life skills educational programs for employees according to the educational methodology used by Veritacore
- Provide health-related counselling and employee support
- Monitor and identify employees with mental health issues or personal crisis and refer to Employee Support Sessions
- Activate Employee Crisis Plans for employees at risk of self-harm or violence
- Help to develop and facilitate company team building and training activities
Licensure and Certification
- The company nurse must become licensed in Occupational Safety and Health in accordance to Labor Standard
- She must further keep abreast with other certifications and training as required by DOLE and other health-related agencies.
- The company nurse is required to annually renew her license/certificate as First-Aider and Safety Officer
Administration Quality Assurance and Control
- Undertake quality assurance by ensuring that established processes are followed and continuously improved
- Undertake quality control by (1) measuring quality (2) identifying quality improvements (3) validating deliverables (4) completing checklists
- Provide feedback to senior management regarding quality issues in relation to medical procedures concerning occupational safety - including recommendations for resolving common medical issues Implement Plan, Do, Check, Act and Total Quality Management guidelines in the Human Resource Team
- Spearhead submissions of requirements for SSS and Philhealth employee applications and/or registration as well as monthly internal reports Process all administration requirements including but not limited to DOLE requirements, SSS compliance, Philhealth and other statutory benefits processing, and other administrative reconciliations
Private Health Insurance
- Comply with requirements for annual renewal of company’s preferred private health provider
Personal conduct and behavior
- Manages own performance and behavior’s in accordance to Veritacore company values, principles, policies and guidelines (Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Customer and Quality)
- Manages own performance and behaviours in line with work performance objectives (and the framework) established by Veritacore.
Floor Marshal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage employee movement in and out and around the office - ensuring employees enter and exit one at a time and maintain a 1.5-meter physical distance
- Check and record each employee's temperature using the thermoscan as they enter the office at the start of their shift.
- Complete the employee daily health symptoms questionnaire for each employee as they enter the office at the start of each shift
- Ensure employees use the hand sanitizer each time they enter the office
- Ensure employees wipe their workstation with alcohol at the start and end of each shift
- Immediately activate the employee isolation plan (Section 2.2 B) if the employee has a fever or any possible COVID symptoms upon entry to the office or at any time during the working day
- Observe employees within the office and ensure employees remain within their workstation unless given permission to leave this area
- Manage the movement of employees to the CR (one male and female at a time)
- Provide permission for employees to visit the nurse station or coaching room allocated for support sessions
- Assist Team Leads and Operations Managers in ensuring compliance with the cell phone policy
- Report any non-compliance with any policies and procedures outlined in the document to HR/Operations Manager.
- Supervise employees when they will do the before and after disinfection on their work stations.
- Coordinate the meals with Admin and the food concessionaire.
- Supervise the activities of the cleaner