TEAM/PROGRAMME: POD Regional
Type of Contract: Fixed term
ROLE PURPOSE: MCDR Officer will responsible to provide support for field level (regional and District level) media, communication, documentation and reporting related matters, process with analysis of learning kept in place for further sharing for UTTHAN Project. The position will provide information, communication and media related support to the UTTHAN Project in coordination with the department in Kathmandu. Based in the regional office, the position’s role is to undertake field visits, gather and put together information of programs for internal and external purposes and program documentation. S/he also needs to ensure and analyze the rapid assessment information/ such as HMIS, CEMIS data (OPMIS for reporting purpose) to find out the gap of service status of in the project implemented at districts.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Media and communication
- Collect, categorize, and coordinate with the project team for all communication, documentation and reporting related requests (case studies, stories, or any of donor/organization requirements) and respond to them in consultation with the CO.
- Undertake field visit to the relevant program areas covered by the regional offices to document Save the Children’s program and impacts
- Gather, edit and coordinate media collaterals like images, audio, video and texts.
- Engage and assist program staff in necessary publications undertaken by the field office.
- Be the project focal point to coordinate brand compliance in coordination with the center.
- Contribute to Save the Children’s internal communication mechanisms (OneNet, Newsletter, and social media sites)
- Support the project to ensure efficient and accurate information flow between regional offices and CO.
- Assist in media relations and media outreach in the region (all the program districts)
- Representing the organization amongst partners’ related to media and communication work of the organization
- Undertake assignments outside of the regional office’s area as request by program manager
- Assist in member media visits, arrange logistics for field visits, support in translation to donors or other visitors
Documentation and reporting
- Collect, compile and analyze program information/ data and provide feedback to project staff at the district level as and when required to obtain usable data for compiling and analysis.
- Assist Project Coordinator- UTTHAN and Program Manager Integrated Projects to prepare the presentation as necessary based on the evidences, for regional and district level.
- Coordinate with the partner project staff, budget holders, MEAL staff, district based government line agencies, for implementation media-communication, documentation and reporting related information and statistics.
- Capacity building of district team (including partners) in case collection, documentation, and information dissemination/reporting, and supportive supervision as necessary.
- Assist in preparation of community level assessment, communication, case collection tools, analysis tools for reporting and presentation.
- Maintain close coordination with HMIS focal person to strengthen monitoring system in implementing newborn health program.
- Assist, support, provide inputs on studies/assessments/drafted reports and documents to be submitted to CO or donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Media/Communication, Statistics, Economics, Demography or related Social Science(s)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 years of responsible, professional level experience in international NGOs/Donor agencies related to Media, documentation, reporting, MIS and social science research. Experience working with government system will add value.