The Oda Foundation has been co-managing the Shree Tila Model School in rural Kalikot under public-private partnership for two years for which six teachers are being recruited, sponsored and co-managed by the Oda Foundation located 20 minutes walk away from the school.
Reports to: Education Program Manager and School Principal
Accommodation: Selected candidate shall be accommodated at Oda Foundation’s staff quarter
Duties and Responsibilities:
The teacher in position is expected to perform day-to-day teaching activities, develop lesson plans and create a child-friendly learning environment. This is a service-oriented profession where the teachers are expected to work for one full academic year.
Competence to demonstrate:
- Minimum Intermediate degree graduate ( Science Background) Bachelor’s will be an asset
- Keen interest in children and child development
- Keen interest in Karnali province and respectful mindset towards living and working conditions in Kalikot
- Living and working alongside team members involved in healthcare and sustainability initiatives other than education
- Work with local, national and international members of the team
- Enhancing your cultural and practical knowledge of development work in Karnali province
- Free room, board and healthcare on Oda’s campus for two teachers
- Pre-service and in-service training
Employees, fellows, volunteers & guests will be expected to uphold Oda values in their words, actions and behaviors.
Care and Compassion
- We will demonstrate our compassion and caring through our actions and words
- We will take time to ensure each person feels listened to, secure, understood and is treated compassionately
- We will be approachable and contribute to creating a calm and friendly atmosphere
- We will provide a safe and caring setting for patients and staff, and an efficient, effective experience
- We will meet people's needs for information and involvement
- We will be considerate, calm and proactive in solving problems.
- We will not be aggressive or passively aggressive to anyone.
Respect, Dignity & Justice
- We will demonstrate respect for all staff through our words and actions.
- We will all follow Oda rules, policies and procedures.
- We will accept fair and equitable punishment for all.
- We will be polite in our communications and actions
- We will demonstrate respect for dignity, choice, privacy and confidentiality
- We will recognize and value uniqueness, diversity and different cultures.
- We will be sincere, honest and constructive in giving, and open to receiving, feedback
- We maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to doing our best
- We will be proactive in problem-solving and above all, our work commitment
- We will be responsible and reflect on our actions
- We will be accountable for our actions
- We will focus on our work and practice time management by meeting all proposed deadlines.
- We will encourage and explore ideas for improvement, innovation and creativity.
- We will seek out opportunities to enhance our skills and expertise
- We will work together to achieve high-quality services
- We will use our knowledge and enthusiasm to implement positive change and overcome challenges
Teamwork & Communication
- We will understand and value each other's role and contribution
- We will be fair, thoughtful, welcoming and kind to colleagues, fellows and guests.
- We will communicate with each other and express our successes and our concerns.
- We will offer support and encouragement to others
- We will maximize each other's potential and contribution through shared learning and development
- We will recognize, share and celebrate our successes, big and small
- We will practice coordination and collaboration interdepartmentally
- We will have a positive outlook and motivation
- We will demonstrate commitment to the Oda Foundation, patients, staff and our guests.
Honesty and Responsibility
- We will build trust by displaying transparency and doing what we say we will do
- We will commit to doing what is right
- We will welcome feedback as a means of informing improvements
- We will use our resources and each other's time efficiently and wisely
- We will maintain and enhance public confidence in our service
- We will be a positive role model
Please submit a cover letter, resume and relevant documents to [email protected] before Jan 24th, 2021. Applications shall be considered on a rolling basis. Early applications will be given priority.