- Work experience as a Sushi Chef or at an Asian restaurant
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques.
- Ability to work both fast and accurately.
- Team spirit
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Flexibility to take on various shifts
- Preferred: Certification from a culinary school.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish (for example, salmon, tuna, unagi)
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi
- Select fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes (like avocado, mango and carrots)
- Add additional flavours to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate
- Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice.
- Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies
- Prepare appetizers, soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed.
- Recommend new, modern recipes.
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift