Title: Global Finance Systems Manager
Reports to: Head of Control and Assurance
Location base: BBC Media Action Nepal or India Country Office
Key collaborations: Works alongside the Financial Assurance Manager and the Global Financial Accountant
Direct Reports: No line management responsibilities
Duration: Continuing Contract
BBC Media Action global team is seeking potential applicants for the position of “Global Finance Systems Manager”.
The Global Finance Systems Manager takes ownership of supporting, developing, and controlling the financial systems. The role is responsible for administering the day-to-day monitoring, maintaining, and updating of the finance systems (Access Dimension & SAP), as well as leading to the development and implementation of Access Dimension upgrade or new systems implementations.
The successful applicant will be employed and based in Nepal or India, with salary set according to BBC Media Action’s pay scales in those countries. BBC Media Action will not sponsor visas or provide relocation packages for this role.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the Head of Control and Assurance (HoCA) in the smooth operation of the Control & Assurance team functions.
- Developing and maintaining finance system processes and procedures to ensure effective systems service across the organisation.
- Develop knowledge to become the accounting systems expert for the Finance department particularly Access Dimensions. This will include:
-Setting up more robust system controls and consulting with the
software provider on issue resolution and improvement plan.
-Lead on Access Dimension
upgrade, implementations and improvements to the access Dimension or other
-Identifying finance system issues and implementing improvement solutions.
-Creating and maintaining system documentation and workflow processes.
-Ownership of Dimension data base synchronization process.
- Be the key contact person to liaise with financial system provider and IT department to resolve system issues and system improvement/development projects.
- Working collaboratively with the Finance Assurance Manager to establish a robust control and assurance framework over core financial processes including developing global dashboard of financial performance.
- Produce & review month end reconciliations particularly Balance sheet account reconciliations such as debtors, creditors, intercompany accounts etc.
- Manage the SAP to Dimension integration process including the data integration error resolution and improvements on the SAP & Dimension coding structure mapping.
- Process Monthly Agency costing reallocation.
- Play a key role in preparation of the annual statutory accounts and supporting schedules, answering auditor queries where relevant, under overall supervision from the Financial Assurance Manager.
- Working with other members of the Finance team, continuously assess the service being provided to the users of financial information and explore ways of improving them to ensure that core finance processes are being undertaken as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain full and effective communications with other members of the Finance team and others to ensure smooth and efficient flows of communication.
- To provide finance support and analysis to other parts of the organisation as requested by the HoCA.
- Support the adherence to BBC Media Action policies and procedures.
- Part qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA/ or similar internationally recognized qualifications) with well-developed technical finance skills.
- Proven work history with finance systems administration, maintenance, and development such as Access Dimensions, SunSystems, SAP or similar systems.
- Experience of financial and management accounting, including complex reconciliations (intercompany and balance sheet).
- Proficient to advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to make suggestions for continuous improvements of core financial processes & Ability to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous improvement
- Analytical, naturally inquisitive, and enjoys problem solving
- Good organisational and planning skills to manage workload and work to deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Co-operative and supportive team player.
- Experience in financial reporting and accounting within an international development charity.
- Working knowledge of Access Dimensions will be a definite advantage.