Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Administration Manager, the General Services Assistant is responsible for general office administration/operations and IT support.
- Frequent contact with the Administrative Officer and Administration Manager, IT Solutions & Support Engineer, and all other Foundation staff on administrative matters.
- Contact with vendors and service providers to the Foundation; ministries on a visa, customs clearance, and program logistics; contact with grantees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure TAF vehicles are well maintained and serviced periodically. Maintain record of all TAF vehicles, timely renewal of blue books of all vehicles and office motorbikes
- Review vehicle log books and verify them periodically
- Ensure sufficient fuel stock for vehicles and generators especially during times of fuel shortages
- Assist in renting of vehicles for TAF staff and guests as and when required
- Assist in preparing drivers and support staff’s times sheets and overtime report
- Assist in preparation of duty roster for guards and drivers
- Keep inventory of drivers’ and guards’ uniforms
- Assist in the upkeep of office repairs and maintenance
- Monitor all service providers such as office cleaners, electricians, and plumbers
- Ensure cleanliness of office and its compound at all times
- Assist in maintaining and updating inventory (office, warehouse, residence(s), grantees)
- Conduct physical verification periodically
- Assist in arranging shipment and clearance of expatriate personal effects, the Foundation and grantee’s equipment, and book container for Books for Asia program
- Assist in obtaining visas for expatriates, consultants, grantees and local staff for official travel
- Assist in office procurements. Ensure full understanding of the Foundation’s procurement policy
- Prepare payment vouchers. Ensure full supporting documentation along with the payment vouchers
- Handle petty cash and maintain relevant records
- Any other tasks assigned by Administration Manager and senior management
- Assume responsibility for maintenance & repair of office computers, copy machines, scanners, and multi-media projectors
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Provide basic troubleshooting. Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Provide IT support for TAF meetings and workshops
- Report-IT issues to GIS Support Engineer where necessary
- Maintain the inventory for equipment and users
- Assist in purchase requisition for all IT hardware and software
Interested candidates can email their CV along with a cover letter describing suitability for the position by 17th February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title "General Services Assistant" in the subject line.