About the role:
As a Frontend Developer, you will create the experience and environment that the users see and touch.
Using a combination of markup languages, your design understanding and engineering capability, you will work closely with our design, UX and backend teams with opportunities to stretch your legs in those disciplines as you specialize.
You will be where creativity and innovation meet, helping to realize and deliver the vision of design, and the capability and data from the backend.
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high-quality graphics standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable Frontend implementation skills (links to sites or code repositories are helpful)
- Proficiency in React, Vue, AngularJS (We are predominantly React based)
- Understanding of accessibility requirements and proficiency in developing accessible solutions
- A clear understanding of Browser performance issues in frontend development
- Experience with Webpack and other development automation tools
- Experienced in developing for a variety of devices and screen resolutions
- Up-to-date with the latest front-end trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with mobile development a plus, but not required
- Work as FE developer for more than 2 years
We are interested in reviewing some examples of work, so please link to sites you've built, or even GitHub repositories if that's your thing!
Please apply with your latest updated CV and send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Reference will also be checked.