Front Desk Officer is a position under management section equivalent to Research Assistant in NDRI. As a part of the NDRI team, s/he will work under the general and specific guidance of the Executive Director and senior officials of institute. The incumbent will be stationed at NDRI office located at Pulchowk Lalitpur, Nepal.
The incumbent is expected to meet the following responsibilities
- Handling desk at NDRI office
- Receives telephone calls, emails, applications and takes appropriate action on them
- Receives guests and directs them to the appropriate officials
- Collect news of the institutional activities and prepare/edit for publication in regular weekly Newsletter/half yearly Newsletter and systematically archive for annual report and data base system
- Helps the officials to communicate with high level government officials, foreign diplomats and other executives
- Handles social media: extracts useful information through scrutiny of social media of other parallel organizations and agencies and report to senior staff for update of official social media
- Collects snap shot/footage both thematic and of the broad-spectrum; useful for institutional development; edit, publish and archive in data base system
- Handles official websites through frequent update through active interactive process
- Co-ordinate with team members and local partner in organizing dissemination workshops, conferences, symposiums and other similar events
- Provide assistance to Finance and administration officer
- Perform any other assignments/tasks instructed by the Executive Director, Program Coordinators or other Senior Staff
- The incumbent will initially be appointed for a period of one year. However, depending upon the work performance, sincerity and value addition, there will be a possibility of the extension of the contract.