Contract Type: Fixed term till June 2018
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 -The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
This is a key position in the grants management functions of Save the Children country office for planning the grants budget, managing the grants administration functions, review and analysis functions, including for sub-offices.S/he will be responsible for ensuring that grants are planned and administered properly in line with the donor rules and requirements and SCI procedures, in close coordination with budget holders at various operational levels. This will include ensuring that budget proposals are prepared in line with donor budget guidance, SCI procedures, and CO requirements; grant budgets are reviewed and monitored effectively so that budget holders are aware of and advised on the financial progress. Donors and members are provided necessary information and clarifications on the grant progress.
The responsibilities will also include managing entry of grant budgets into financial management system, inputs for revision of budget and/or extension of the grants, contributing for quarterly progress reports and country annual plan. S/he will be responsible for sub-grant administration, capacity building of Save the Children and partner staff. S/he will have significant rolesin planning and managing the Grant unit functions including supervising and coaching of relevant finance staffs. This will include support to audit functions, BvA meetings and preparation and exchange of information, budget manage training, grants compliance, and other tasks related to grants information and analysis.
Her/his role will extend to CO at routine level, and to the sub-offices on regular scale so that they receive proper guidance and support on grants administration at various levels.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial Planning, Analysis and Forecasting
- Regularly analyses Nepal & Bhutan Offices’ SoF wise budgets are fairly spent and the information reviewed,
- Master budget and quarterly re-forecasts are performed as per SCI requirements and guidance, in close coordination with budget holders,
- Reviews grants progress data in Agresso, gives feedbacks to the respective staffs and ensures that the data are clean, properly recorded, budgets are correctly entered and expenses recordings are in line with budget lines,
- Compiles reasons of BvA, the corrective action plans, and follows up budget holders to ensure that the action plans are implemented to yield better BvAs,
- Ensure that all approved grants’ budget are entered into financial management system within appropriate time frame, with necessary details so that donor reports can be retrieved efficiently and in line with donor reporting structure.
- Coordinate with AMS, POD and other relevant departments in relation to budget planning,
- Coordinate with AMS in relation to budget proposal and similar matters.
- Manage grants properly – to ensure donor billing and reporting, review project costs as per the grants requirement, and monitors financial progress up to the level of sub-office; and facilitates re-classes and adjustments as appropriate
- Monitor and review compliance of all applicable regulations, status, rules and cost principles of all donors and reporting
- Ensure proper staff salary and administration costs are allocated through Ktm and sub-offices in the context of available funding, and update the funding surplus/gap scenario.
- Work with budget holders and finance team to monitor all budgets and ensure compliance with donor requirements, review budget realignment and other related requests for awards
- Monitor Budgets and prepare quarterly reviewed tools for budget follow up
- Ensuring that relevant staff of all departments is informed of donor requirements.
- Provide technical support to assess donor eligibility/allow ability of planned expenditures and identify related compliance requirements
- Maintain and manage the award filing and retrieval system to ensure that it provides easy and immediate access to information on these awards at country office level.
- Contribute to ensure strong relationship with donors and attend donors meeting as required.
- Ensure donor reporting is performed properly.
- Supports to provide Budget Holders, Finance personnel and field staff with the information and training they require in order to understand donor guidelines, compliance issues and the SCI award management procedures
- Carry out regular visits to field offices and project sites
- Ensure key donors compliance checklist are available, provide orientation to Budget Holders and follow up implementation
- Facilitate for execution of donor specific audit, and financial reviews,
- Ensure that audit recommendations are implemented as per donor rules and regulations
- Assist to develop, implement and review organisational funding scenario,
- Participate in internal and external important meetings and report on grants management issues.
- Contribute to country strategy and operational planning and reporting
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters’Degree in Accounting/Finance/Management/Economics or relatedfield.
- Minimum7 years* experience in an INGO on grant management and/or Finance & Administration in a complex setting (5 years for GSI group*)
- Strong computer skills, proficient on MS Office application, especially on MS Excel, and any accounting software,
- Strong experience on grants management functions
- Fluent on written and spoken English.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a diverse professional team.
- Ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance to finance teams and managers of organization and partners.
- Having full commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children
- High level skills for coaching, mentoring, capacity building, team management around management of accountabilities and compliance in relation to donor funding.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and supportown teams and establish good working relationship with other department colleagues.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements of major donors, including USAID, DFID, ECHO, EU and ability and skills to establish compliance systems with the personnel.
- Ability to present, discuss and supervise compliance with awards monitoring protocols with team of various levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop project proposals with teams and lead regular meetings in relation to project opening and its periodical reviews
- Experience and understanding of how to develop cost and implement programmes in a high security risk environment
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA or ACCA)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics or related field
- Skills on training and facilitation for staff and partners,
- Ability to and experience of establishing partnership management and monitoring protocols with local NGO partner
"Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women and people with disabilities from local level are highly encouraged to apply"