Working to the Regional Director, Asia, and Europe:
- Develop and use existing interactive tools for management to monitor, analyse, plan and forecast effectively.
- Monitor and provide analysis on regional income and expenditure, and cash inflows and outflows, against forecasts and targets; report material variances and suggest proposed actions to the Regional Director.
- Provide monthly financial information to enable effective planning and management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Microsoft Excel advanced level, experience of business intelligence software Power BI and how data is structured, stored and retrieved from data warehouses.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with senior financial and non-financial managers and staff both internally and across the BBC. Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Experience of working in an international NGO, preferably in the context of the regions BBC Media Action works in (Asia, Africa, Middle East & Europe).
- Experience of providing financial information and analysis to management.
- An eye for detail and a concern for accuracy, together with the ability to keep sight of the broad picture. The ability to present detailed and complex financial information in a clear, concise and readily understandable way.
The role will be located in London or in one of our existing offices in Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal). To be considered for the role, you must have the right to work in one of these countries at the time of appointment.
The role may involve working with groups of vulnerable children and adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A background check will form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.