Reintegration of Returnee Migrant Workers (ReMi) Project, Phase I Reintegration of Retumee Migrant Workers (ReMi) project is a bilateral initiative of Governments of Nepal and Switzerland. The project contributes to the social and economic reintegration of returnee migrant workers in Nepal. The project is implemented by Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security; provincial line ministries and local governments in Koshi and Madhesh Provinces. Helvetas Nepal as technical assistance provider to the project invites applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position:
Position: Deputy Team Leader
No. of Positions: (1)
Job purpose: This position is responsible to:
- Deputize the Team Leader (TL) as and when required, assist TL in overall project management;
- Lead coordination with relevant governmental entities to facilitate intergovernmental collaboration and efficient public finance management with federal, provincial and local governments for project implementation;
- Contribute strategic inputs on social and economic reintegration of returnee migrant workers, including technical assistance to the Government of Nepal and private sector engagement for sustainability and scalability of ReMi initiatives,
- Manage partnerships with ReMi implementing partners, backstoppers and other consultants, including identifying needs, facilitating procurement of services and follow up during implementation; Contribute to the process of developing Yearly Plan of Operations (YPO), Outcome Monitoring Summary (OMS), effective monitoring and timely and quality periodic reports, in line with ReMi monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) plan,
- Provide support and guidance to Project Support Unit (PSU) team members working at all levels, including leading capacity development measures.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience and Social Competence: Master's degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Development Cooperation or in any relevant discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in a project/ program with at least 3 years dedicated experience in managing program, human resources, finance, administration, and partner management. Having experience in governance, institution/system building or private sector engagement projects will be an added value.
- Strong understanding on the governance system, particularly on the federal context of Nepal. Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion, and poverty reduction.
Duty Station: ReMi Project Office, Lalitpur with frequent travel to project locations.
Duration: Till 15" July 2026 (with possibility of extension).
Salary and Benefits:
As per the rules and regulation of Helvetas Nepal.