FHI 360, an international non-government organization (NGO), requests applications from qualified individuals to work as short-term consultants to perform a rapid assessment of Nepal CRS Company and Nepal CRS Healthcare to transitioning to a sustainable enterprise model under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-supported MOMENTUM Private Healthcare Delivery (MPHD) Nepal.
Major Responsibilities of team of consultants:
- Carry out a rapid assessment to determine the progress, status, and legal issues of the wholly owned subsidiary (WOS) model and the proposed transition to an enterprise model of a fully for-profit, tax-compliant company that focuses on selling health products fulfilling the purpose for its initiation /existence.
- Carry out an in-depth assessment of the service delivery, demands, leadership style, and management practices of CRS Healthcare.
- Carry out an in-depth assessment of the legal, governance, and management issues critical to the success of the enterprise model.
- Review regulatory environment of tax regulations for commercial sale of products, its effect in income generation, profit loss due to tax-exempt status and linkages with grant receipts and donor funding environment
- In depth review of the charter documents as memorandum of association (MoA) and articles of association (AoA), and review of the applicable laws and regulations (Company’s Act 2063, Drug’s Act 2035), applicable to the establishment and operation of CRS Healthcare.
- Review of the agreements with USAID and the deliverables of the agreement thereof and their current status.
- Review of all the documents including MoA and AoA of CRS and CRS Healthcare.
- Interview the Board of Directors (from both CRS and CRS Healthcare) to understand their understanding of the objectives, governance and management of WOS, roles and responsibilities of the Board of Directors (BoD) and current status.