Job Location: The position is 60% based at TFN House, Kathmandu and about 40% time in visits to working areas and communities as required.
No. of Vacancies: 1
Reports to: Director of Community and School Impact
Role Summary: The Associate Director of Training and Support provides strategic guidance to the Training and Support team towards cultivating Fellows as change leaders and teachers driving transformational student impact and sustained change in the community. S/he will nurture and develop a highly motivated team who demonstrate the core values of Teach For Nepal and are committed to achieving our long term vision of a day when all children in Nepal receive excellent education.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set ambitious vision and goals for student learning and transformational impact; and drive the training and support team team towards achieving these goals;
- Develop contextualized strategies for reaching ambitious student impact in the context of rural public schools;
- Research, learn, develop and record knowledge from Training and Support Team and other related organizations/parties focused on driving transformational classroom impacts;
- Recruit and develop high performing Training and Support Team to develop, train, support and monitor Fellows’ leadership growth and the impact made on students;
- Oversee and plan pre-service and in-service trainings and learning platforms;
- Design and oversee implementation of leadership and professional development programs for Fellows over the 2- year fellowship experience;
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of Training and Support;
- Maintain and build the team’s positivity and motivation in the midst of challenges;
- Work closely with the recruitment team to provide feedback on Fellow’s skills, motivation, and aptitude that drives excellent classroom outcomes.
Qualification and experiences:
- Masters Degree required in Education or Education leadership or Social sciences;
- Five plus years of experience in teacher training, coaching and managing teams;
- Ideal candidates would be an educator in a role of a principal/vice-principal of a school, head of department or other relevant roles;
- More than three years of teaching experience in secondary/ higher secondary schools;
- Aligned with Teach for Nepal values, and demonstrate a strong belief and commitment to the movement;
- Understanding of issues in education and education inequality in Nepal;
- Demonstrate deep commitment and understanding of TFN’s mission and Theory of Change;
- Results-oriented, ability to work with data, strategic and critical thinker, ability to prioritize and give equal effort and attention to multiple projects to continuously learn and refine vision, goals, and strategy;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to creatively solve problems, mediate conflicts, negotiate and communicate assertively in Nepali/English with relevant external stakeholders (principals, communities, teachers, students, Teach For All etc.) to create a supportive placement relationship with schools;
- Ability to invest others in ambitious goals, ability to work well with others and motivate peers.