ACTED, an international, non-profit development and humanitarian organization working in 35 countries worldwide, is seeking to fill an Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer position in Dhading.
The AME Officer , in close cooperation with the Program Coordinator at base level, the AME Officer / Coordinator and the Country AMEU Officer / Manager, will supervisethe M&E activities for each project, improving program quality, monitoring performance and facilitating the transmission of best practices. He/she will contribute to building ACTED overall M&E capacity, enhancing the overall use of clear program logic, sound data collection and analysis methods.
- Under the overall supervision of the Country AMEU Officer/ Manager, the AME Officershall carry out the following duties:
Development of data collection tools and methodologies
- Assist the Country AMEU Officer / Manager in the design of appropriate information collection tools and methodologies for evaluating, monitoring and assessing project effectiveness and progress achievement;
- Provide feedback on the use of forms to Country AMEU Officer / Manager.
Data Collection and Entry
- Manage AME Monitors on a daily basis;
- Collect data and information in the field along AME Monitors through interviews of beneficiaries, focus group discussions, field visits and household surveys;
- Ensure transparent, accurate and timely collection of data in the field;
- Enterquality data into the appropriate database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyze data collected in the field, highlight key findings and generate appropriate visualizations(graphs, tables, charts);
- Prepare Monthly Monitoring Reports with Programme and AMEU activities;
- Provide Country AMEU Officer / Manager and AME Coordinator with monthly reports according to the standard format, including both challenges encountered and possible solutions/recommendations;
- Feed the Country AME Officer / Manager AME Coordinator with challenges encountered in the field, lessons learnt and recommendations on best practices to implement.
- Provide Country AMEU Officer / Manager and AME Coordinator with weekly work plans and activities.
- Plan according to priorities set by the Country AMEU Officer / Manager.
- Assist Country AMEU Officer / Manager and AME Officer / Coordinator to solve problems related to AME monitoring activities as they arrive, including travel to the field;
- Train Program staff and monitors on AMEU methodology and tools.
- Pro-active attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programmes;
- Ability and willingness to go to the field in remote areas on a regular basis for supervision of Monitors and data collection / field assessment is essential;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and the ability to work with a wide range of people in a cross-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good writing and reporting skills in English;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Powerpoint). Willingness to learn new computer skills an asset;
- Data entry experience in Excel (essential) and SPSS (desirable);
- Team player and ability to work independently;
- Willingness and ability to learn fast and take initiatives in order to respect the deadlines;
- Knowledge about Dhading District an asset;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements an asset.
- Work experience in M&E of projects/programs with NGOs;
- Good communication skills in both English and Nepali (oral and written).