As a part of the Radiology team, he/she would be responsible to create x-ray images of parts of the human body using radiographic equipment to support the visa medical process.
Role and Responsibilities
- To run the X-RAY unit to ensure maximum efficiency.
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of maintenance of all instruments safely.
- To facilitate medical diagnosis by doing chest, abdominal, pelvic, head, neck, and extremities x-ray.
- To promote cross training in the different units of the center to ensure continuity during absence from work.
- To facilitate surgical diagnosis by pre-and/or postoperative x-ray (if required)
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Managing radiology appointments schedule or EQMS system
- Maintain records of examinations in the form of reports.
- Follow the SOP to ensure that all reports are uploaded onto the central system and address any insufficiencies by providing additional details as and when required.
- Clear understanding of the process involved in capturing X-RAY in a visa medical process.
- Establishing personal rapport with customers.
- Set up x-ray rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready as per the SOP.
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan
- Instructing the patients to undergo the appropriate positions to get accurate images while being courteous always.
- Preventing exposure from certain areas of the patient’s body so they do not expose to radiation
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions wherever required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Metrics & Organization Management:
- Turnaround time
- Clarity of images produced
- Erroneous free / Timely and accurate reports
- Customer satisfaction
- Adherence to policies and procedures of the organisation
OM & Reporting:
- Reports to Head of department / Center manager