- The Webmaster/Communications Officer acts as the nucleus of the organization in consolidating and disseminating information for internal, external and potential members of the Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN) community.
- Their role is multifaceted, and combines the soft skills of a Public Relations practitioner with the hard skills of a Webmaster/Online Editor.
- VIN is looking for a creative and resourceful individual who thrives on pulling people together, through effective deployment of information and to make things happen. This individual should come to understand VIN’s various stakeholders, target audiences, beneficiaries and media intimately, so as to pre-empt the needs of each group of people and pro-actively expedite the achievement of targets for VIN’s various community programs.
- Equally important is that the Webmaster/Communications Officer should also take pride in upholding website/new media design, accessibility, usability and navigability standards, as well as being up-to-date on web technologies in developing, maintaining and evolving online tools and media channels.
- Develop and maintain VIN’s websites and related on-line applications.
- Drive online solutions to maintain and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will increase the effectiveness of the VIN community.
- Provide technical advice on external applications.
- Liaise with stakeholders and relevant target audiences to develop web based tactical projects, to further VIN programs.
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancement of VIN’s web presence by identifying and acting on opportunities for information and process improvement.
- Keep abreast with latest social media/ networking tools for leverage of sponsorship and support for VIN’s ongoing and new programs.
- Optimization of website (SEO): Ensure that the web site runs smoothly and all the implemented features function properly and undertake troubleshooting of the web site.
- Manage, author and execute content through effective channels to improve communications with external/ internal VIN staff and volunteers such as:
- VIN website
- VIN Facebook community
- VIN alternative profile pages/links E.g.Ammado, LonelyPlanet, GoAbroad,ProjectsAbroadPro,VolunteerMatch, etc) Planet, GoAbroad, ProjectsAbroadPro, VolunteerMatch, etc)
- Outreach to external 3rd party sites to publicize VIN
- Write/Edit Newsletters
- Launch Company, University & Sponsor Outreach Packs
- Gather and publish best practice volunteer case studies
Salary& benefits: Rs 18,000/- to 22,000/- Based on qualification & experience
How to Apply?
Please send us your
- Letter of motivation,
- Updated resume and
- Passport size photo