No of Vacancy: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu
Job Type: Full Time
- To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate all / some of the following competencies:
Role Specific Competencies:
- Project Management: Ability to develop, coordinate and manage projects and resources effectively to achieve work goals, to meet deadlines and commitments, manage and mitigate risk and ensure delivery of agreed outcomes that meet VIN’s requirements
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations
- Team Building: Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals
- Decisiveness: Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions
- Written Communications: Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience
- Influencing / Negotiating: Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Complies with established control systems and rules.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations.
- Public Service: Shows a commitment to serve the public. Ensures that actions meet public needs; aligns organizational objectives and practices with public interests.
- Continuous Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self- development.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience in IT, Computer Science, Web Development, or similar field.
- HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design
- Website Optimization
- English: Advanced Level (written, reading and spoken)
- Nepali: Advanced Level (written, reading, spoken)
The Webmaster / WordPress Developer role at VIN will act as the nucleus of the organization by consolidating and disseminating information for internal, external and potential new members of the VIN community.
The successful candidate should be creative, resourceful and multifaceted, when combining the soft skills of a Public Relations / Social Media practitioner, with the technical skills of a Webmaster / Online Editor.
This role will ensure our website, and online channels, are best in class in regards to accessibility and navigation, usability and user experience, quality assurance and maintenance, as well as reporting for improved decision making.
To achieve those objectives, he/she must have a continuous learner mindset. Keeping always up to date with the latest trends on web technologies, social media and online tools.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancement of VIN’s web/online presence by identifying and acting on opportunities for information and process improvement.
- Managing, authoring and executing content through effective channels to improve communications with external/ internal VIN staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure company information is current and relevant.
- Development, installation, configuration and management of VIN’s websites
- Management of DNS, Maintenance of MySQL database (Backup, replace existing database) using cPanel
- Website Optimization (SEO)
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot servers
- Liaise with stakeholders and relevant target audiences to develop web-based tactical projects, to further VIN programs
Social & Online Media:
- Develop and maintain VIN’s Social and Online channels
- Promote VIN’s work through social media and websites through SEO. Leverage of sponsorship and support for VIN’s ongoing and new programs
- Drive online solutions to maintain and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will increase the effectiveness of the VIN community
- Monitor and analyze online performance (e.g. traffic, conversions)
- Gather relevant data and analytics for reporting and improved decision making
- Management of domain-specific email using Office 365
- Configuration, management, and troubleshooting of various office related tasks such as configuration of Outlook
- Printers and WIFI, MS Office package support
If you are interested in the role, please send your updated CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] no later than 26th March 2020.