Contract type: 1-year Fixed term contract including 3 months’ probation period (Aug 2019- Aug 2020)
Hours: 42 hours per week
Responsible to: Program manager and volunteer manager
Mentor’s major responsibilities include setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with project plans and vision. Organizing workflow and ensuring that staffs and volunteers understand their duties or delegated tasks. Coach Staffs and volunteers, Monitor and evaluate the project activities.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Assist Program and volunteer Manager in the implementation of European aid voluntary projects in the field as necessary
- Responsible for small development and humanitarian aid projects implement by organization with volunteer’s involvement
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of up to 20 Project Assistants or volunteers and to carry out associated administrative duties
- Responsible for the documentation of a Volunteering project in accordance with European commission standards and procedures
- To assist with the design and successful completion of a project within budget and agreed timescale
- To work in accordance with the requirements of VINs Policy
- Develop and implement project work plans and review as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify project issues to be resolved through site surveys for potential locations.
- Conduct onsite visits and coordinate with project team and volunteers continuously.
- Establish and manage relations with volunteers
- Evaluate project and recommend report to identify issues and opportunities to improve performance going forward.
- Interact clearly, constructively and positively with all projects team to ensure projects are completed effectively and with minimal disruption to planned events.
- Participate actively as projects team member to improve team efficiency, reduce costs and assist in producing output.
- Encourage communication of information between project teammates.
- Supervise and stimulate materials or equipment procurement as needed and ensure on time delivery of components and equipment.
- Develop and maintain relations with staffs and volunteers as required establishing correct interfaces and presenting professional image.
- Support in managing logistics for food and accommodation of volunteers
- Orient staffs and volunteers for the project activities
- Regularly check the deadlines
- Organize regular meetings with volunteers and staffs
- Prepare projects report within template
- Act promptly to manage conflict arise among volunteers and projects
- Support cost saving development initiatives and delivery process improvements.
- To contribute to and support positive morale within teams
- Other duties appropriate to the post as may be required
- Physically demanding work on sites
- Frequent visits to Okahldhunga sites, (Kathmandu about 40% and Okhaldhunga 60% time)
- Master in management or development studies or human resource
Experience and Knowledge:
- About 2 years’ experience in the development field, work in project management position for 1 year
- Skills and competencies
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent English language communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure
- Skills in people management
- Flexible to travel on short notice
- An understanding of diversity and how it relates to the role
Benefits: Basic salary 35,000 Plus (Food and accommodation, transport and communication allowance), Full insurance coverage and festive allowance upon successful completion of probation period
Deadline of application submission: Mid night 23rd July, 2019.
Interested candidates are requested to mail their Letter of Motivation and CV mentioning the expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Application for Volunteers’ Mentor’ by 23rd July, 2019.OR,