- Leading the overall operations of the school ensuring the school environment is set for achieving the strategic goals
- In collaboration with the KVSS HR team, manage people and processes to foster school improvement.
- Help implement a research, monitoring, and evaluation plan and based on the findings ensure prompt actions towards better teaching-learning.
Detailed Areas of Responsibilities
The Vice Principal - Administration will be mainly responsible for overseeing the following areas of responsibility:
Leading the overall operational management of the school ensuring the school environment is set for achieving the strategic goals.
- Ensure optimum and creative use of school infrastructure, creating plans and schedules for using classrooms, library, learning labs, and play area
- Serve as the focal person for building and communicating school policies and processes, and staff roles, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Ensure the safety of all the students and employees at KVS is clearly addressed in the policies, plans, and protocols and address promptly the emergency safety situations.
- Lead preparation of the school annual budget and administer the approved budget timely and effectively.
- Coordinate with the KVSS operations team and oversee logistics and procurement for the school ensuring timely availability of all goods and services, and equitable and proper management of resources.
In collaboration with the KVSS HR team, manage people and processes to foster school improvement.
- Coordinate the work of defining job roles and building job descriptions for the approved position and ensure that recruiting for the vacant and planned positions is done timely and professionally.
- Ensure full and robust onboarding of the new team members and refreshers to the existing team members in a structured manner.
- Manage the faculty and other employees by providing them with necessary training and resources, making the best use of available staff experience and expertise, evaluating their work performance, and weeding out individuals who do not show the willingness or capacity to grow with the school.
- Build a strong school team with mutual relationships that are based on high levels of trust and respect to ensure high-quality education.
- Create an inclusive school environment in which everybody feels valued and supported, and uses available time efficiently and effectively for quality teaching and learning
Help implement a research, monitoring, and evaluation plan and based on the findings, ensure prompt actions towards a better teaching-learning.
- Develop a school-wide understanding that all decision-making should be guided by research and data. This involves promoting teachers’ use of data, analyzing and using data to monitor progress, setting targets, and making decisions.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, build annual monitoring and evaluation plan and generate data to measure the progress at a regular frequency.
- Focus on building self and colleagues’ skills in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and using data and ensuring access to quality school infrastructure to collect, record, store, analyze and display data.
- Report to the manager and other relevant team members analyzed information reflecting the actual status – both the status and needs – in a timely fashion.
- Support academic (curricular and extra-curricular) functions of the school to ensure continuous improvement in the quality of education, including providing policy orientation to all the teachers and school staff every year before starting school.
The Vice Principal is also expected to:
- Build positive working relationships and environment in the organization by bringing solutions to the discussion table.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions and execution of duties.
- Report to the manager every week, and as needed in case of urgent issues.
- Promote team alignment on the org-wide decisions.
- Ensure and enforce confidentiality in collected information/data.
- Embrace and support the values of gender equity and sustainability
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Vice Principal may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by his/her Manager.
- You believe that we can change the world, in the blink of an eye
- You believe in making decisions that put children first
- You are self-motivated, organized, and approachable
- You enjoy creating systems, keeping records, and increasing efficiency
- You are always looking for new ways for our team to work smarter instead of harder
- You are detail-oriented and conscientious. You make sure nothing slips through the cracks
- You have a strong work ethic and a willingness to pick up new skills. You are comfortable multi-tasking
- You are experienced and comfortable talking with a wide range of people from nursery children to government ministers
- You are positive, patient, and a clear communicator who is comfortable working with both Kopila Valley staff in Nepal and the BlinkNow staff in the United States
- You are an empathetic person, with a knack for putting out fires before they start and soothing conflicts brewing beneath the surface
- You require little supervision and are flexible. You understand that you will be wearing many hats in this role, many of which are not explicitly included in this job description.