SSBH is recruiting new team members to plan, manage and deliver technical and material support for the Government of Nepal’s (GoN) response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Position No.: 2
Location: Surkhet and Butwal
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor – Health Emergency Response
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor for Health Emergency Response, the vaccination Program Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting provincial Ministries of Social Development, Provincial Health Logistics Management Center Health Directorate, and Provincial Health Emergency Operation Center to support sub-national governments in advancing capabilities for COVID-19 vaccine roll out including deployment, micro plans, and cold chain maintenance for greater participation of people in SSBH operational areas during COVID-19 vaccination program and safely storing and transportation of vaccines from the stores to the vaccine administration sites.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical support to the provincial Ministry of Social Development (MoSD), Health Directorate (HD), Health Logistics Management Center (PHLMC), and Health Emergency Operation Center (PHEOC) to ensure that COVID-19 vaccine is received, stored, distributed effectively and safely as per the national standards and practices
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date information is maintained for COVID-19 vaccine, preferably through eLIMS and the data generated through field activities is updated daily.
- Support to develop micro plans and coordinate and manage vaccine distribution activities and programs, within the context of the COVID-19 and health emergency program at the province level.
- Participate in mapping the vaccination sites, ensure storage, temperature monitoring and carrying facilities is properly functioning, and provide technical support to ensure cold chain equipment are as per the standards
- Support and participate in synthesizing information on demand generation and preparedness status of vaccines, and brief to the government counterparts.
- Support PHD and PHLMC in prioritization and targeting vaccine administration for province, district and municipalities based on the population data, target groups, vaccine stock and other relevant data using DHIS2 for districts and municipalities.
- Train sub-national staff to perform vaccine safety monitoring activities, vaccine service delivery and effective vaccine management.
- Keep abreast of the National Deployment and Vaccination Plan, and provide technical support to maintain high standards on vaccine deployment at subnational level.
- Participate in meeting webinars as relevant and contribute to promote information collection, use and sharing.
- Engage in any reporting, evidence generation/sharing and learning activities related to COVID -19, vaccine and emergency response as per need and in close consultation with the supervisor.
- Keep the government counterparts and Activity team up to date on the vaccination program
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Master’s degree in public health, social science, veterinary science, or a related field
- At least six years of related professional experience in vaccine supply and logistics, cold chain requirements
- Be able to operate eLIMS
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Strong networking and team mobilization skills
- Computer skills, including effective working skills in remote conditions
- Excellent written/oral skills in Nepali and English
- Understanding of the Nepal health system, networks and working in the context of an emergencies
- Qualified applicants who are from and/or currently working in the Karnali Province and Banke, Bardia, Dang, Kapilvastu, Rupandehi and Nawalparasi West will be given preference.
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.