The company is looking for a "Ticketing Officer" with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The position holder is expected to have knowledge regarding ticketing-related legislation and good insight into the ticketing process.
We are looking for a skilled Ticketing Officer who will help passengers to plan their trips. He/She answers questions on travel arrangements such as routes and time schedules. He/She makes and confirms reservations and calculates the expenses and sells tickets to the passengers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your responsibilities will entail giving advice to clients, booking flights (Domestic and International)/ issue tickets, reservation of hotel via system worldwide
- Collect PNR’s, issuing tickets, re-scheduling, hotel bookings, and cancellations
- Collect and check documents as per country specific requirements. Handle ticketing enquiries including airfare quotations, reservations, and e-Ticket issuances.
- Working closely with leisure and corporate clients, airlines, travel agencies, transport, and other service providers. You will build strong, professional working relationships with them and all your main clients
- Answer inquiries regarding information such as schedules, availability, procedures and policies. Also, assist with all travel documents, which clients might request for their travel plans.
- Plan routes and compute ticket costs. You must handle complain and obtain feedback from customers along with upgradation of customer service.
- Determine whether the ticket is available on the required date requested by customer or not.
- Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
- Follow up with airlines companies for refunding and capping tickets.
- This is a very diverse role and would vary from situation to situation.
- Graduate or postgraduate (out of 6-8 years, at least 3 years of experience in IATA Travel in ticketing).
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience required
- To qualify for this role, you must have previous travel ticketing experience (IATA trained /experienced in IATA accredited Travel Agency)
- You should have vast experience and knowledge in the airline, travel agencies and holidays industry
- Fluent English speaking with convincing skill and excellent written communication are required with knowledge of other languages an advantage
- Command of Galileo, Amadeus and Sebre reservations
- Handling and issuing tickets and also visiting to different organization for marketing effectively and efficiently
- Command of MS Office Applications (MS Word, excel etc.), internet and email, power point presentation.
- You must have good management skills.
- You should have charming and outgoing personality and pleasing voice
- Ability to work extended hours under varying work schedules and frequently meet rigid deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to read instructions, directions, letters, memos and other written materials
- Ability to converse orally and utilize standard telephones to receive and communicate information with staff and clients
- Increase sales to support management on increasing its revenue
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
NOTE: Two-wheeler license holder and two-wheeler holder are preferred
"Shortlisted candidates are required to attend the interview. The company retains the right to reject the application without assigning any reason whatsoever."