Position: Thematic Lead – Education (Woman only)
Required No.: 1 (Kathmandu Based)
The main purpose of this position is to build the capacity of UMN’s clusters (field offices) and local partner organisations, promote learning and ensure quality for impact in programme designing, implementation and reporting, including educational research and mainstreaming of the relevant area of excellence within the framework of UMN’s strategic direction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education with a minimum of five years of experience in the field of education.
- Good track record of writing grant-winning project proposals in education
- Extensive understanding, knowledge and skills in education and child rights from local, national, and global perspectives.
- Experience working in leadership roles related to education.
- Experience in building the capacity of others using various methods and tools.
- Experience working in the field of child rights sector.
- Substantial experience working in I/NGO sector.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting including remote areas.
- Experience working with minority and oppressed groups.
- Experience working closely with government mechanisms or settings.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) both in English and Nepali.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards