LOCATION: Save the Children Country Office
POST TYPE: Fixed Term
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria and Humanitarian crises.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Technically support the TB team at NTC to ensure that the services delivered fully follows the national guidelines and protocols with full understanding.
- Coordinate and assess for technical program gap with the program, M&E and PSM team and develop a quality enhancement plan for immediate action.
- Support Training Coordinator to develop annual training plan and conduct technical trainings.
- Carryout rapid/situation assessment as necessary for program development.
- Conduct periodic technical review of the TB program strategies, program and results to ensure program quality, effective implementation and efficient utilization of resources including Human Resources in TB program.
- Support M&E team in preparation of and orient on the use of monitoring checklists and other R&R tools to other team members and service providers.
- Contribute technically in program designing, planning and review process.
- Represent Save the Children in any TB related technical discussion/forums.
- Take lead from Save the Children to provide technical support for TB related studies/researches.
- Provide technical assistance to NTC team in the areas of TB epidemiology, regular TB program and new approach in TB program such as Urban TB, Private Public Mix Approaches, and Community System Strengthening (CSS).
- Technically support in development of technical guidelines, SOPs, training curriculum and other relevant documents like annual report etc.
- Technically support in program management of general TB, childhood TB, TB-comorbidity, DR TB, Quality assurance of laboratory services, National TB prevalence survey and various other core programmatic activities in close coordination with technical and program staff at NTC.
- Provide onsite technical support to regional TB staff, regional Save the Children staff and TB service providers.
- Build strategic partnership and maintain effective communication with stakeholders at regional level.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with District Health Officer/Public Health Officer and the Regional Health Director in designated areas, as well as with other individuals and organizations related to TB control.
- Support NTC and TB SRs in strengthening and expansion of TB diagnostic services.
- Provide technical assistance to NCASC in management of TB-HIV co-infected cases and develop/update manual for management of TB/HIV cases.
- Strengthen TB-HIV collaboration between NCASC and TB at all levels and strengthen referral between DOTS and VCT centers.
- Support in design for expansion and strengthening of MDR and XDR cases and screening of all DR TB suspects as suggested by NTP algorithm.
- Support in developing a comprehensive surveillance and M & E system for TB control
- Fulfill any additional tasks as required and requested by COP and DCOP – Program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Public Health or health related discipline(s)
- At least 7 years’ experience in Public Health at national level including minimum 5 years’ experience in TB program management
- Proven experience of working with government in national level health program/project and multi-/bi-lateral agencies or international organizations. Experience of working in a team for bigger grants will be an asset
- Understanding of the working procedures of the Government as well as of external development partners (EDPs) will be considered a huge advantage
- Experience in coordination and liaison with different partner agencies
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment Ability to work under pressure