SSBH is recruiting new team members to plan, manage and deliver technical and material support for the Government of Nepal’s (GoN) response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
No of positions: 2
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor – Health Emergency Response
Locations: Lumbini Province, Butwal (1), Karnali Province, Surkhet (1)
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor – Health Emergency Response, the Technical Specialist - Nursing will provide technical and programmatic oversight to nursing officer and coach and mentor them on delivery of clinical services and infection prevention practices in COVID-19 ward of designated hospitals. They will provide support to Nursing Officers to ensure patient safety, infection prevention practices, proper waste management, and support in vaccination program and liase with hospital team for the planning, timely implementation, monitoring and reporting of COVID-19 response activities.
This position is for a one-year period, and is contingent upon availability of funding, approval from the funding agency and concurrence from GoN counterparts. Job descriptions, locations and scope of responsibilities may be subject to revision as priority support needs evolve during implementation of this support. The applicant should be willing to be re-located to any other district/site in Lumbini and Karnali Province based on the need and COVID-19 situation.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to train Nursing Officers, other nurses and health workers to improve COVID-19 case management and COVID-19 vaccine administration, and adverse effects following
- Provide technical assistance to Provincial MoHP (Lumbini Province), MoSD (Karnali Province), provincial HEOCs and hospitals in implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities related to COVID-19 and vaccine planning and rolling out of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Guide and support Nursing Officers to work with designated COVID-19 Hospitals, COVID-19 clinics, and vaccination sites to ensure proper and regular services are being delivered to COVID-19 (suspected and confirmed) as well as non-COVID individuals.
- Work closely with Emergency Medical Response Specialist and Field Medical Officers to plan, deliver and monitor COVID-19 response activities including case management, vaccination, referral, and follow-up services.
- Provide technical support to COVID-19 response team members and COVID-19 vaccination committees at provincial and hospital level in implementation modality and approaches for COVID-19 case management, quality of care, referral, COVID-19 vaccination, and adverse effects following immunization (AEFI) management.
- Conduct situation assessments, documentation, and timely dissemination of COVID-19 disease and vaccine situation and services delivered at provincial and district level.
- Build capacity of Nursing Officers, Field Medical Officers, other health workers to ensure infection prevention and control (IPC) guidelines are followed at COVID-19 ward and other departments within the designated hospitals
- Guide and assist in vaccination microplanning, monitoring of vaccination campaigns and reporting to the Ministry of Health and Population at Lumbini Province, Ministry of Social Development (MoSD) in Karnali Province and Provincial Health Directorate with the guidance of Senior Technical Advisor.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Nursing Officers and other nurses and health care workers for case management, vaccination, storage, temperature maintenance, and administration of the vaccine.
- Represent project team in selected technical forums at provincial, hospital and district level as assigned
- Collaborate and work with medical response and surveillance teams of SSBH as well as hospitals and health facilities, health offices, development partners for smooth operations of the COVID-19 related activities.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Master’s degree in Nursing with Nepal Nursing Council registration
- Minimum six years of clinical experience in a hospital setting. Experience and training on intensive care preferred
- Experience in designing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating health programs
- Knowledge of COVID-19 situation, guidelines, protocols, and response systems/mechanisms
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of virtual meeting tools
- Excellent written/oral skills in Nepali and English
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.