The Technical Advisor–Education will provide technical and scientific leadership in designing, implementing and evaluating the project’s education strategy and activities. S/he will support the Deputy Chief Party and Chief of Party in providing technical advice and leading initiatives with government stakeholders, particularly municipalities within Kathmandu Valley, and partners based upon expertise on evidence- based methods and strategies for achieving learning results on air pollution knowledge and generating new evidence on the impacts of air pollution on educational outcomes. S/he will ensure the use of best practices in the field and rigorous design and implementation. The Technical Advisor – Education will lead activities to design adolescent curriculum, support schools in designing and implementing innovative programs on environmental education, guide research on the intersection of air pollution and educational outcomes and liaise with municipalities, educational institutions and media outlets to raise awareness.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, execution and evaluation of an education engagement strategy, ensuring the project’s activities use a systematic planning process that is evidence-based and reinforced through a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Nepal, both at the national and sub-national levels
- Lead development and preparation of annual workplans and routine donor reporting for the education workstream of the project
- Work with project stakeholders to develop education tools and frameworks
- Lead the development of curricula on air pollution and design training plans and modules to deliver content to pre-defined groups of learners
- Lead research on the impact of air pollution on learning outcomes that can support decision-making and advocacy
- Ensure that new knowledge and best practices in education for air pollution reduction are shared and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in local, regional and global partner and technical networks, scientific forums and other knowledge-sharing platforms
- Work with project’s capacity building, civil society, governance, public health and private sector engagement team to ensure cross-sector collaboration, synergies and effective implementation of education-related activities.
- Work with the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to track whether program education activities are achieving the project’s indicators
- Oversee planning and implementation of other specific civil society activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Chief of Party and Country Director