Job Purpose: As a part of the Teach For Nepal Training Team your role is developing innovative classroom interventions and instructional strategies that help improve the learning outcome of students in English education in schools where Teach For Nepal works. You will be developing and executing teacher training, documenting best classroom teaching practices, and providing ongoing support to Teach For Nepal Fellows to continuously increase the student’s learning outcomes.
- Develop innovative classroom interventions and instructional strategies that help improve the learning outcome of students in English and English education in schools where Teach For Nepal works
- Design teacher training curriculum, session plans, evaluation rubrics, and classroom instructional strategies to address the pedagogical needs in Fellow’s classrooms
- Work with the training team to design and implement the 6-weeks residential Learning Institute every year for a new cohort of Fellows. Design and implement quarterly trainings; ● Train and support the Fellow’s managers to provide continuous support to the Fellows on pedagogical interventions and instructional strategies used in English teaching
- Based on local and global best practices, evaluation of student learning outcomes, and feedback from students, Fellows, and school-community continuously revise the instructional designs and recommended pedagogical tools in Teach For Nepal classrooms
- Document best practices in Teach For Nepal Fellow’s classrooms for learning and evaluation purposes
- Track and monitor Fellow’s performance and student’s learning outcomes and use that as feedback to further improve on training and support tools
- Work closely with the Training as well as larger Teach For Nepal team to actively engage in discussions and research related to increasing student learning outcomes and ways to support students who are behind in learning achievement
- Engage in problem solving during times of crisis (like the recent context of Covid), to find innovative tools and resources that allow remote learning to continue
- Continuously engage and contribute in our pursuits to ensure quality and equity in education
- Networking with external organizations which share our mission and values and can support in our pursuits of ensuring quality and equity in education.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION