WiseAdmit is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Admissions team as an Assistant Director of International Admissions. We are searching for people who are enthusiastic about assisting potential students from developing nations in Asia and Africa in gaining admission to advanced degree programs with our partner universities. If you are looking to move to a high growth Ed-tech firm that is going global from Nepal and genuinely values and encourages the progress of their students from the beginning of enrollment to career promotion then we would love to have you on our WiseTeam!
Roles and Responsibilities
The Assistant Director of Admissions will be responsible for the following, as well as other related duties as assigned to support the business objectives and purpose of WiseAdmit.
1. Providing sales and product information on programs and offerings such as:
- Responding to all inquiries by email, text message, telephone and live chat from potential students; promoting the programs offered by WiseAdmit’s partner universities.
- Interviewing potential students to explore their background and interests. Responsible for identifying potential student’s individual career goals and providing advice on appropriate programs to meet their goals.
- Overseeing closely each enrolled student by employing motivational strategies to ensure that the student starts on the defined date.
- Tracking and follow-up on potential leads and provide motivation and encouragement to potential students as appropriate
2. Maintaining records to contribute to the administrative functions such as:
- Completing enrollment of new students, including related paperwork and providing initial information on payment options.
- Ensuring all student documentation and files are complete, including completion of prerequisites to enable a timely program start.
- Tracking and reporting on weekly activities (i.e. leads, appointments, interviews, enrollment).
- Following up on cancellations.
3. Achieving monthly and annual sales targets such as:
- Maintaining a standard of Enroll/Start ratio above the targeted percentage with post enrollment activities including maintaining contact and follow up with students to keep them engaged.
- Completing between a targeted set of phone activities per day to generate the minimum first interviews a week.
- Generating a targeted set of referrals per week through various development activities such as developing relationships with domestic and/or international students.
Who you are:
What’s in it for you:
- You have 3 years of experience in student recruitment or counseling-related position;
- You're a passionate salesperson, and you're excellent at converting high-quality leads into customers,
- You demonstrate outstanding clarity of thought in communication and are very good at convincing, with the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You possess a strong understanding of the components of compelling, action-inducing communications;
- You can multitask and possess time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- You demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communications skills and perfect grammar and command of the English language
- You’re a collaborator in team environments; you are considerate of other people’s viewpoints but are not afraid to make your voice heard
- You have experience using CRM, especially Hubspot.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an academic field such as Marketing, Communication or relevant.
- Gain hands-on experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup with a ton of room to grow
- Be a leader within the organization and visibly see the impact you have on the business
- A flexible work environment, Result only work environment (ROWE)
- A chance to be part of a break-out success story, working with other like-minded high performers
- Experience of working in a Canada-based start-up.