Remote Coach, a revenue generating start-up is looking for a Senior QA to join its engineering team and evolve the approach to Quality Assurance for its mobile, web and back-end applications. Remote Coach is a premium personal fitness coaching platform, allowing fitness professionals to compliment their direct coaching with clients by hosting virtual personal training sessions at their/their clients convenience. Additionally the platform provides real-time feedback on health data allowing coaches to monitor and tailor their client’s exercise and nutrition programs as necessary.
As a Senior QA you will be responsible for:
- Shaping the company’s approach to functional system, UAT and regression testing.
- Leading other team members (QA or otherwise) in best practice testing approaches.
- Identifying, writing and executing functional tests per development sprint.
- Building and maintaining test suites for ease of regression and UAT.
- Reviewing and critiquing functional requirements and their suitability for testing.
- Proposing and identifying test and defect tracking toolsets. Optimising the usage of existing and new toolsets.
- Reporting on testing output, metrics and providing the leadership team with insights to overall software quality.
A successful candidate will have the following key skills and qualities:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Previous experience in writing clear functional tests from requirements and identifying gaps in requirements.
- Direct functional testing of mobile applications.
- Direct functional testing of RESTful APIs through toolsets such as Postman.
- Knowledge of best practice test and defect tracking lifecycles.
- Team leadership experience (although not necessarily in a testing role).
- Ability to expand test coverage to fault find and provide meaningful first pass analysis to the development team when raising defects.
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience working in an Agile software development process.
- Test automation design and implementation.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Usage of test frameworks such as TestRail.
- Fault finding using application logs and writing SQL queries (MySQL).
What We Will Offer:
- Flexible working hours, willing to work from home
- A Salary dependant on experience and level of the challenge accepted
- Chance to work with an early-stage startup and be part of our growth
- Chance to learn new skills
- Chance to work with the product team
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume directly e-mail to [email protected]