We are looking for an experienced and creative Android Mobile Developer to lead a couple of projects from end to end. The role will involve planning, coding, verifying, testing and documenting programs and API integrations.
In this role you will be expected to take control of your own projects, by using your initiative and producing the highest quality of work. You would need to be proactive and challenge technical decisions if needed.
Your work will focus on utilising a variety of your technical skills to deliver innovative solutions.
Ideally, you will come from a solid Android Enterprise background (Android Java) with proven experience in Kotlin.
What will you do?
- Build, improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give users a smooth experience.
- Insist on a consistent and responsive user experience for everyone of users.
- Participate in a full app lifecycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store.
- Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
Who we are looking for?
- 3+ years of active native Android development Kotlin and Java programming expertise
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented techniques, design patterns and frameworks
- Solid experience with performance and memory tuning.
- Creates and maintains continuous delivery pipelines using current practices, patterns & tooling
- Creates software using secure coding practices and mitigates common vulnerabilities
- Uses current technical practices such as writing clean, testable code and pair programming.
- Experience with multiple libraries: Firebase APIs, Retrofit, volley, Picasso...
- Understanding and knowledge of Material Design
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance
- Proven experience working in an agile environment
- Proven experience developing and publishing commercial mobile applications
Nice to haves:
- Experience using JIRA or other products in the Atlassian suite
- Experience working in an Agile environment
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
- The reason for your interest, and
- How your skills and experience suit the role