The SBCC Officer is responsible for providing support for SBCC-related project activities under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)- and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-supported Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) Nepal project in coordination with EpiC Nepal Program, Technical and Strategic Information (SI) units and implementing partner agencies (IPs).
- Coordinate for creating and updating document repository, contact matrix, documentation matrix, knowledge sharing matrix and providing support for data use/information dissemination.
- Support to document and publish success stories, two pagers, technical brief, reports, The LINK-Nepal newsletter, accomplishments, and lessons learned documents of the project.
- Support to prepare quarterly progress report, program, event, training/workshop, and meeting reports, proceedings, and monthly update.
- Support to ensure the project’s branding and marking requirements, layout/formatting and editing of the documents, reports, and presentations, and ensure the quality and standardization of the project requirements.
- Support to design, plan, implement and follow up capacity building activities of IPs on SBCC strategies, SOPs, guidelines, and activities.
- Support SBCC Specialist in the design and development process of IEC/SBCC tools and materials to meet the needs of FHI 360 Nepal IPs and project activities.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of EpiC Nepal supported special events, including workshops and seminars in consultation and coordination with Administrative Officer.
- Support to prepare training materials and conduct trainings to the implementing partner agencies staff.
- Coordinate and support to manage EpiC Nepal online risk assessment and reservation application (ORA)– MeroSathi.
- Coordinate and support to implement LINK-electronic feedback tool in EpiC Nepal project districts and review the findings for sharing
- Promote MeroSathi in social media platforms through local social media influencers and work with creative agencies for preparing posts including digital SBCC materials
- Support online outreach staff to follow-up individuals who have booked for HIV services in MeroSathi and provide assistance to conduct online-offline outreach.
- Update MeroSathi Facebook profile and engage virtually active individuals through chat box in MeroSathi and conduct one-on-one chat
- Support to conduct virtual hotspot mapping through dating apps and exploring anonymous groups
- Develop and pre-testing of social media friendly promotional contents on Undetectable=Untransmittable (U=U), HIV self-testing, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), community led testing for HIV, and conduct social media campaigns and prepare report.
- Produce and ensure use of HIV-related paper-based and/or digital SBCC materials.
- Maintain databases of the online outreach and other information, communications and technology-related activities including in-house SharePoint repository.
- Conduct quarterly supportive supervision and monitoring visits to the IPs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor, Deputy Project Director or Project Director or Country Director.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Communication with three years of relevant work experience in SBCC or bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Communication and five years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in I/NGOs and government sector particularly on health communication, behavioral communication or specifically to HIV sector will be an asset
- Knowledge of designing of promotional social media friendly materials
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills (diplomacy, patience, listening and facilitation)
- Proactive and independent approach to work with willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing)
This job has expired.