Objective of STS:
The STS will support the Fundraising Unit and contribute to explore new funding sources, handle statutory reporting requirements of institutional development partners and other donors, and support in finding appropriate projects within or outside the working area of AAIN and ensure timely donor communication and maintain good liaison with the funding countries and donors.
The STS will build and strengthen relation and coordination: - i) Internally (within the organisation) with all departments within AAIN and ii) Funding Affiliates- as and when required as delegated by Line Manager; and externally (outside of the organization) with peer and partner organisations and with the donors (as and when required and delegated by the line manager).
To support in managing all fundraising activities to support the objectives of AAIN through the development of project proposals that reflect AAIN's policy and programmatic priorities
- Prepare project proposal/ concepts based on information provided by the LRPs
- Follow proposal writing guidelines as required by FAs or donors
- Support Project teams in finalising reports by ensuring quality and narrative compliance as required by the Donors
- Provide support to prepare donor communication materials at AAIN level for donor influencing and dissemination
- Support FR Unit in potential donor scoping for funding opportunities especially in Nepal and manage the application process in coordination with different priority focal persons
To support FT team for good and efficient donor services
- Ensure that all the reports from project team/ project focal person are consistent with the proposal presented to the donor
- Edit or prepare report of each project for quality and timely donor reporting
- Support in donor communication including donor queries on a timely basis
- Support in responding to all the queries and concerns of the Funding Affiliates
- Support in timely submission of project proposals and reports
- Support to manage, co-ordinate the visit of donor and staff of Funding Affiliates
To support FT team to liaise with FAs, donors and project teams
- Support and follow up on the projects in project locations on the basis of contract management
- Visit LRPs and project locations to be updated about projects in particular and overall programmes in general
- Liaise with project team/ project focal person for donor's visit (as and when required)
- Liaise with project team/ project focal person to find out about possible projects and program information for concept notes/proposal development
Any other official tasks assigned by the unit.
Terms & Conditions:
- The STS agreement will become effective upon signatures from both parties and will be valid for a period of six months
- The STS will be based at ActionAid Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visits
- The office hours will be 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- The STS will report to Fundraising Coordinator, ActionAid Nepal
- During the entire period of the assignment, the STS shall make themselves available for providing services to AAN
- In providing services to AAN, the STS shall ensure to the best of their reasonable endeavors, exhibit the highest professional standards and exercise due care, skill, and competence to ensure that the services provided is to the full satisfaction of AAN, and in accordance with AANs system and policies
- All reports and documents prepared during the assignment will be treated as the property of AAN. Reports / documents or any part, therefore, cannot be sold, used and reproduced in any manner and be treated as confidential at all times.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management or a relevant discipline; Preferably a Master’s degree and/or specialization in marketing
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the development or other relevant sector with two years’ experience in fundraising, proposal development and donor relationship management
- Good communication skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in both English and Nepali
- Knowledge of fund-raising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; public relations; prospect research; donor relations and stewardship; volunteer management; and correspondence management
- Basic knowledge of programme, planning and budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent language skills in English and Nepali including the ability to compose, edit, analyse and report using complex information
- Excellent computer skills including navigating email, internet and MS WORD and PowerPoint
- Pro-active in liaising and problem solving
- Sensitive and responsive to gender, ethnicity, disability and HIVAIDS issues and other core AA values and work in team approach
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Interested persons should send their job application as per the guideline below to https://nepal.actionaid.org/jobs by 26 August 2019 5:00 PM.
- The applicant should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge, technical skills and capability as required by the nature of the work of the STS and understanding of the requisite tasks set forth in the terms of reference.
- Eligible persons should submit their updated CV and Cover letter including expected salary.
- At least two positive references/recommendations from past employers must be submitted.
- Enclose a copy of citizenship certificate and PAN/VAT certificate.
AAIN is an equal opportunity organization which believes in promoting affirmative action to Enable women, Dalit, Disabled and Ethnic people.