Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal (with potential travel in Nepal to Lumbini and P2 Provinces)
LOE: Around 60 days
Start Date: Around January 26, 2021
UKaid सीप is brokering transformational partnerships with the private and public sector to propel growth of employment and entrepreneurial opportunities in priority sectors – commercial agriculture, light manufacturing, tourism, ICT, and construction – primarily in Province 2 and Lumbini Province. सीप uses an innovative Challenge Fund to expand market-aligned skilling, affordable financial products, and ethical migration services linked to gainful livelihoods for Nepali youth—especially migrant returnees, women, and other socially and economically excluded groups. To date, सीप has partnered with 13 private sector partners.
Role and Responsibility:
- Support UKaid सीप with in the formulation and launch of new skilling partnerships which are already in the pipeline (under both Skills and Migration component).
- Work with सीप ’s team and its private sector partners to assess and improve plans and strategies for improved and increased onboarding of target group, especially migrant returnees, women, and people with disabilities; training and job placement of trainees; and monitoring and evidence collection.
- Support selected सीप partners on building of organization capabilities particularly from the perspective of introducing better human resource management policies and practices that enable and ensure skilling, upskilling, and reskilling of the workforce and their retention; stronger gender inclusion and safeguarding practices and policies; and improved marketing and communications with various stakeholder groups.
- Support सीप’s team with development and documentation of reports and knowledge-sharing products, including deliverables to FCDO.
Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Masters degree in any of the following: Business Studies, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Education & Vocational Training or related subjects.
- 15 years of relevant experience with the private sector; and an understanding of market-led employment/entrepreneurship development initiatives aimed at fostering job creation and industry growth.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise on Human Resource Management and Organization Development will be an asset.
- Specific experience and technical know-how of working on skills development and job development in one or more of the following sectors: ICT, Hospitality/Tourism, Agriculture, Light Industry, Construction, Banking, and Foreign Labor Migration.
- Familiarity with private-sector led skilling models that have facilitated skilling and placement for in-demand job occupations domestically and with foreign employers (for outbound Nepali workers)
- Proven ability to work with the private sector, including training institutes, to improve their strategies, plans, and skilling curricula and pedagogy.
- Strong analytical and creative-thinking skills along with co-creation and human-centered design thinking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
Format for Submission of Application
Eligible applicants are required to provide a resume to not exceed 3 pages at [email protected]nepal.com by 21 January, 2021. Accompanying the resume should be a 1-page cover letter summarizing how the applicant meets the requirements for the position.