Position No.: 1
Location: Family Welfare Division, Teku
Duration: Initially 8 months (might be extended as per the need and availability of fund)
Under the supervision of the Director of Family Welfare Division (FWD) or his/her designate, the Senior Technical Officer for COVID-19 Vaccination will be responsible for supporting FWD in advancing capabilities for COVID-19 vaccine roll out including deployment, micro plans, and cold chain maintenance for greater participation of people, with focus in SSBH operational areas. The incumbent will report to Senior Technical Advisor – Health Emergency Response of SSBH Activity.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical support to the FWD to ensure that COVID-19 vaccination activities are planned to ensure that the vaccine is received, stored, distributed effectively and safely as per the national standards and practices
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date information is maintained for COVID-19 vaccine coverage and availability by provinces, districts, and municipalities, preferably through DHIS2 and eLIMS, in coordination with FWD and the Management Division.
- Support FWD to develop micro plans and coordinate with provinces to manage vaccine distribution and rollout activities.
- Participate in mapping the vaccination coverage, identify low coverage areas, explore approaches to improve coverage
- Support and participate in synthesizing information and share regularly to FWD Director, Immunization Section Chief and in meetings and forums organized by FWD
- Support FWD in prioritization and targeting vaccine administration for province, district and municipalities based on the population data, target groups, vaccine stock and other relevant data using DHIS2 for districts and municipalities.
- Participate in and contribute to training in sub-national level to perform vaccine coverage and safety monitoring activities, vaccine service delivery and effective vaccine management.
- Provide technical support to maintain high standards on vaccine deployment at subnational level.
- Participate in meeting and webinars as relevant and contribute to promote COVID-19 vaccine related information.
- Engage in any reporting, evidence generation/sharing and learning activities related to COVID -19, vaccine and emergency response as per need and in close consultation with the FWD and SSBH team.
- Keep the government counterparts and SSBH team up to date on the COVID-19 vaccination program and plans
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field with registration with relevant professional council
- At least six years of related professional experience in health sector of Nepal. Experience in vaccination and health emergencies will be preferred.
- Understanding of the Nepal health system, networks and working in the context of an emergencies
- Ability and willingness to work/travel in remote areas within short notice in the context of COVID-19
- Strong networking and team mobilization skills
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Suite, database management, analysis of data and projection
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Nepal in short notice
- Excellent written/oral skills in Nepali and English
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
This job has expired.