About this role
A Senior QA Engineer - Data Acquisition is responsible for the creation of tests and tools to identify issues with data and the data extraction process before the delivery. Duties include identifying and analyzing any bugs and errors found during the test phase and documenting them for review after. Other tasks include developing and running new tools, reporting on the results, and collaborating with data engineers to fix crawler issues.
What you'll do:
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured QA plans and cases for large datasets.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback on the data.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts for large datasets and to facilitate daily repetitive QA operations.
- Create and maintain automated test flows using SQL, Python (Pandas), and other technologies.
- Identify, assess, monitor, document, and communicate potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used and design the solution and develop tools to mitigate any such issues in the future.
- Research and determine the scope and the complexity of the data issue so as to identify measures to fix discrepancies in the dataset and the data acquisition workflow.
- Work closely with the data engineers to evaluate large datasets for quality and accuracy, identify areas of improvement, and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
- Work closely with the product team to transition some of the QA requirements to be built out in the Grepsr platform to streamline the QA process.
- Analyze, query, and manipulate data according to defined business rules and procedures.
- Prioritizing the business needs and also help in streamlining the overall QA process.
- Hire, lead, and expand the team of QA analysts.
- Proven passion for the data quality discipline
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work
- Good knowledge of scripting in Python and knowledge of Pandas will be a plus.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Amazon Quick Sight or Google Data Studio is recommended.
- Good knowledge of using office packages (Specially Excel)
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Should be proactive and have good multitasking skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Able to manage client relationships
- Demonstrated focus on customer satisfaction
Why you SHOULD join Grepsr:
- To be a part of driving the future of data analytics
- To solve the real-world data problems
- Empower the clients in their data needs
- Learn, build and grow with great technology
- Collaborate with some of the world's biggest companies on their large-scale projects
Working at Grepsr:
- Competitive compensation including salary and bonus based on personal and company goals.
- Sprawling new 5000sq foot ultra-modern office at Panipokhari, right in front of Rashtrapati Bhawan, in one of the most futuristic buildings in Nepal.
- Informal working environment and a fun culture
- Regular company outings, pub evenings, and social events
- Free snacks and drinks/tea/coffee
- Regular performance reviews
- At Grepsr, you won’t just grow in your career. You’ll be a part of a movement that will forever change the way data drives business.
- The salary will be based on the experience and commitment of the candidate with regular performance reviews.
If this sounds appealing to you, we’d love to have you join us! Send us your updated resume, with a work portfolio describing why you’re the best fit for this role.