We are seeking a highly motivated, organized and experienced person to lead our Procurement team and have sound procurement skills to run multiple tasks at the same time. The Senior Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient management and coordination of all procurement (Supplies & Services).
- Will be responsible to prepare RFQs/RFPs and manage contract/tender processes, and arrange pre-bid meetings if required.
- Record all details for all tenders, contracts, purchase requisitions and purchase orders in a purchasing database.
- Handle the overall procurement activities and other related tasks of the company, which include procurement, assets /inventory control, supply, and service.
- Support with the technical evaluation process and the commercial evaluation of acceptable bids; support with the preparation of award recommendations for suppliers.
- Support with the follow up with suppliers on the receipt of required materials in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in development of procurement strategies and updates
- Prepare and support quotations/tenders, update and maintain records, analyze information and produce reports
- Develop a good understanding of legislations and financial regulations and update procurement procedures as appropriate
- Contribute to the business planning process, preparing, implementing and monitoring polices and budgets
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to make a positive impact as a team player
- Demonstrated skills in databases management and use for monitoring of procurement, inventory, and forecast needs
- Sound knowledge in financial procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office especially in Excel spreadsheets and software packages
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing customers and internal team