The post holder is responsible for corporate commercial accounting wherein s/he performs professional level accounting work necessary in the preparation, review and update of financial records, at all times, ensuring compliance to/with statutory requirements as per Government Laws, Nepal Accounting Standards and GAAP
- The post holder should always work with the aim of efficiently handling accounts of the company and / or maintaining “required” accounting records and reports of various sister companies within the Group for reference and review of the Executive Management of the Group.
- Where possible, support in the design and application of accounting and financial reporting management information system, in consultation with immediate supervisor and in-house software developer (if needed).
- Oversee the approval (availability of supporting documents and specific Management instructions) and consequent processing of company’s revenues and expenditures.
- Ensure all accounting transactions are within the approved plans, company standards and departmental budgets.
- Ensure accurate data entry for regular up-to-date journal and ledger records for accurate reflection on company’s accounts payables and receivables.
- Ensure timely collection of data and reports from sister companies and / or third parties and prepare a consolidated report as required by the Management.
- Manage banking transactions such as but not limited to: bank reconciliations, update on bank books and statements, issue cheques in guidance and / or knowledge of immediate supervisor, initiate approved bank transactions and transfers, make deposits and withdrawals, segregation of project accounts (if deemed necessary and / or instructed by Management),manage staff salary and PF accounts etc.
- Assist immediate supervisor in preparation of regular accounting and financial statements, cash flow statements, cost accounting reports, profit and loss statements, and / or specific reports deemed necessary for preparation by the Management and / or for cost analysis purposes
- As internal control mechanisms, analyse revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels for control on expenses.
- Ensure reconciliation of major account balances and transactions in consultation with immediate supervisor.
- Serve on departmental planning, operational procedures and policy-making, where needed.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients and resolve accounting discrepancies, if any.
- Be responsible for petty cash handling and management.
- Assist immediate supervisor in payroll processing including issues such as but not limited to: timely salary disbursements and recording, evaluation of TDS on personal income and making consequent IRD depositions, tracking payments to be made to staffs deputed at project office(if any), reimbursing approved staff claims on expenses such as fuel, mobile, vehicle maintenance, guest entertainment, courier and other staff salary updates such as festive allowances, insurance claims, leave encashment etc.
- Update records on staff insurance policies and processing of claims in coordination with HR department and insurance company.
- Update records on official vehicle management including making payments for registration, insurance and tax.
- Initiate issues of general procurement / purchases as approved by the Management.
- Be responsible for timely payment of miscellaneous expenses on issues such as but not limited to: rent, insurance, phone, electricity, water, security etc.
- Always work and encourage colleagues to work with the aim of minimizing pilferage and waste influencing expenses in future (post holder is expected to note down observations especially on non-conformance of any sort to be reviewed in periodic departmental review meeting(s).
- Assist in the maintaining of remittance, where needed.
- Recommend, develop and maintain accounting data bases and manual filing systems (in line with ISO Standards).
- Always work with the aim of prioritizing issues of company tax, VAT claims and deposits and other regulations related to the same.
- Interact and coordinate with internal and external auditors in completing timely internal and statutory accounting and financial audits.
- Assist in non-accounting (administrative) tasks, where needed and instructed by immediate supervisor and / or Management.