Job Title: Sales Officer
Reports to: Sales Manager
Location: Chandole, Kathmandu, Nepal
Unit: Chichire Chulo
Company: Momoway Pvt. Ltd.
Shift: Standard (09:00 AM to 05:00 PM) from Sunday to Friday
Sales Officer is responsible for leading and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the sales team. S/he will be responsible for assisting the sales manager in overseeing the department’s operations. S/he should be able to review current market trends and competitor offerings and should also be able to build and maintain long-term customer relations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Implement Sales Services
- Call prospective customers, provide knowledge about our product, and guide them through the purchase process.
- Promote for re-distribution and to get the food into the market.
- Manage and develop new customers, while maintaining existing sales within assigned customers and a given sales territory.
- Achieve sales revenue numbers, budget, and profit goals.
- Assist in managing monthly/quarterly/annual sales budgets and objectives.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales, scheduled customer appointments, and customer complaints.
- Assist the Sales Manager with promotional ideas to increase business within the region.
- Make market research on cost-benefit analyses for prospective and existing customers to determine the most suitable purchase options.
- Analyze competitors’ products to determine product features, benefits, shortfalls, and market success.
- Make a review of current market trends and competitor offerings and be able to prepare and present accurate and detailed sales reports.
- Coordinate sales with food service producers to ensure demand is met.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to develop various promotional activities, enhance the company’s presence, and generate leads.
- Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Skills and Qualifications
Competencies and Soft Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in sales of FMCG products, preferably in direct distribution channels.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales-driven, results-driven, and target-driven attitude.
- Excellent negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships.
- Sound knowledge of sales strategies and industry regulations.
- Two-wheeler with valid driving license.