As Senior Sales Executive, you will primarily focus on generating and closing leads, managing a sales team, evolving the sales playbook, and contributing to the tech development which will shape our customer’s (aka Merchant Partner’s) delivery experience. The role will require you to possess essential business skills to understand market needs, competition, customer expectations and customer adoption. Additionally, you will also be required to have a broad understanding of technology and how it can redefine the industry and set Samayama apart from the market.
- You will be expected to manage leads generation and handle the end-to-end lifecycle of Merchant Partner’s onboarding process - from acquisition, activation, retention and referral.
- Making cold calls, sending cold emails and performing in-person visits will be a part of your weekly sales routine.
- You will be expected to activate new Merchant Partners to start deliveries by assisting them through their first successful order creation.
- You will also be involved in the onboarding of e-commerce platforms, thus required to understand and convey all the technical and operational mechanisms of how such a partnership can be realised.
- You will lead and manage a sales team by recruiting, orienting, and training new members and subsequently be accountable for your team’s performance and growth.
- You will also monitor and conduct performance reviews of your sales team and evaluate the best course of action to meet sales targets.
- You will have the critical role of ensuring that the entire sales team is always in sync with the logistics, marketing and technology teams to move quickly into new markets, try out prototypes, gather feedback and iterate on the processes to deliver the best delivery experience for Samayama’s Merchant Partners.
- You will represent Merchant Partners’ needs from a product (technology) point of view and contribute to the product lifecycle to continuously improve the Merchant Partners’ delivery experience on the Samayama platform.
- You must be comfortable using data driven decision making to accelerate sales growth and evolve sales strategy.
- You will also be involved with the critical go-to-market planning and execution into new markets in Nepal
- You must possess broad knowledge of the e-commerce / social-commerce industry in Nepal.
- You have 2+ years of sales leadership experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience in sales.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and can collaborate at all levels, with ownership, with accountability of work in a fast-paced working environment.
- You must have good rapport build up, social capital and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills to close sales is an essential skill set you possess.
- You have hands-on field sales experience with a proven track record in reaching and exceeding goals.
- You must have fluent communications skills in both English and Nepali.
Why join us?
Founded by two Nepalese that ran a travel-tech company (www.backstreetacademy.com) with S$1 million raised with more than 100k users across eight countries and 40 cities across Southeast Asia and backed by an experienced team, Samayama offers a unique environment to experience and grow professionally and take real ownership of what you do. If you have the chops to be part of a high-potential start-up, and more importantly have a crazy passion to engineer change to create impact, reach out to us and share your story and background.
How to apply
Please send your resume and link to your portfolio in your application. Feel free to submit anything else that you think would help your application to the same email.
Call 9808548111 for inquiries.