Job Location: WVI-NER HQ, Lalitpur
- Lead on the management of and technical oversight of field teams in the building/repair of schools and set up of (Temporary Learning Centers (TLCs) in 5 districts under the Education programme. Ensure quality implementation & encourage active community-based engagement and support where possible
- Ensure / develop where not existing safety protocols & procedures around schools/TLC work sites especially in contexts where learning is ongoing & children are present
- Develop both procurement and activity plans to ensure rapid and simultaneous roll out of schools/TLC construction/repair across all assessed & approved sites within given timeframe
- Ensure joint planning /preparation done in close consultation with Infrastructure, WASH and Education.
- Lead on other related school-based light rehabilitation and maintenance activities as per approved Education Grants in close co-ordination with relevant stakeholders (WVIN; District education personnel / DDRC)
- Provide technical expertise on school structural safety/context appropriate solutions to field based Infrastructure and WASH staff + target community members to encourage a more resilient 'Build Back Safer' community committed to ensuring 'every school a safe school'
- Develop capacity building packages for various stakeholders (WVIN & NGO staffs, Teachers, SMC, Child Clubs, Students) around safe school e.g. structural safety education, school level disaster plan, school drills,
- Carry out detailed multi-hazard assessment of selected schools from WVIs areas of operation in consultation with community
- Facilitate to develop school disaster management plan
- Adapt/ contextualize the standard operating procedures i.e. drop cover and hold, building evacuation, safe family reunification etc.
- Develop Behavior Change & Communication (BCC) materials for reducing community and household level vulnerabilities
- Provide support for local & national level advocacy around comprehensive safe school framework i.e. policy level advocacy, integration into curriculum, improved building code, household level disaster management plan, etc.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Master’s) in Engineering/Disaster Risk Management/ or related subject from recognized university with at least five years field experience in education programming or the equivalent in a major I/NGO in a rural or remote district of Nepal in emergency context
- Good knowledge of the latest development thinking on Education programming, especially around School Safety Framework
- Good understanding and appreciation of Education programming that takes an empowerment approach including community-led activities and advocacy
- Good understanding program cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Excellent capacity building skills, with proven experience in multiple methods
- Good writing skills required to develop reports capturing good practice and learning
- Experience of working with consultants / advisors, including from other countries as well as with Government officials
- Excellent English & Nepali communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Have positive learning attitude and concern for the poor and vulnerable people
- Have high level of integrity and honesty, self-motivated, confident, and independent
- Committed to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
Candidates fulfilling the criteria and interested in working with us need to send their updated CV/Resume by 11 October 2015 to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information kindly call 9801157152 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm). Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure. WVI-NER reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Note: Please specify the position title in subject that you are applying for.