Reports to: Principal
Function: Residency program management and administration
Grade: Academic 2
The role is multifaceted, encompassing various responsibilities crucial for the smooth functioning of the school's residential program and is pivotal in creating a nurturing and conducive residential environment that fosters student growth, well-being, and success.
Residential Program Management
- Overseeing all aspects of the residential program, including student welfare, safety, and adherence to school policies.
- Monitor the overall atmosphere and culture of the residential facility to create a supportive and conducive environment for student growth.
- Conduct regular assessments and evaluations to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary changes.
- Providing guidance, mentorship, and support to residential students, ensuring their academic, social, and emotional well-being.
- Organize group activities, workshops, and seminars to promote student development and well-being.
- Work closely with school counselors and mental health professionals to address complex student needs.
- Managing logistics related to student accommodations, meals, transportation, and recreational activities within the residential facility.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of residential facilities, including dormitories, common areas, and recreational spaces.
- Manage inventory and procurement of supplies necessary for student living and activities.
- Serving as a point of contact between residency staff, residential students, parents, faculty, and administration, facilitating effective communication and addressing concerns promptly.
- Organize regular meetings or forums for stakeholders to discuss residential program issues and initiatives.
- Utilize various communication channels, such as email, phone, and social media, to disseminate information effectively.
- Being prepared to handle emergencies and crises effectively, implementing safety protocols, and coordinating with relevant authorities when necessary.
- Serve as the primary point of contact during emergencies, coordinating response efforts and ensuring the safety of all individuals involved.
- Provide support and assistance to students and staff members affected by crises, both during and after the event.
- Enforcing school rules, regulations, and disciplinary measures within the residential community, promoting a positive and respectful living environment.
- Implement restorative justice practices to address conflicts and behavioral issues within the residential community.
- Work collaboratively with school administrators and disciplinary committees to address recurring or serious infractions.
- Collaborating with other school staff, including teachers, counselors, and administrators, to ensure holistic support for residential students' academic and personal development.
- Collaborate with the extracurricular program coordinators to offer a diverse range of activities and opportunities for student engagement.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams or committees to develop and implement initiatives aimed at enhancing the overall student experience.
- Maintaining accurate records related to student residency, attendance, incidents, and any relevant documentation
- Document incidents, disciplinary actions, and interventions according to established protocols and confidentiality standards.
- Generate reports and summaries as needed for administrative purposes or external stakeholders.
Communication and Working Relationship
- Head of Faculties
- Head of Administration & HR
- Parents and Guardians
- School Board and Leadership
- Educational Boards
- Other Schools
- Professional Associations